Sig Sauer P226 Polishing Flats?

Should I polish P226 flats to match look of Equinox/X5 Black & White

• Go for it!

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No! Leave it alone in it's standard configuration.

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LoLoSr10

Inactive
I have a Sig Sauer P226 Elite which has the Nitron finish. I replaced the stock grips/grip screws with Sig Sauer factory Blackwood grips and nickel hex head screws and I'm very pleased with the appearance. I have a nickel hammer, slide release, and decocker ordered. I plan on eventually swapping to a nickel trigger and magazine release as well. One option I've been considering is polishing the outer flats of the slide to look like the Equinox or X5 Black & White model. Since the slide underneath the Nitron finish is stainless steel I don't see why this would be an issue. So, my questions since this is a permanent alteration are 1. Should I polish the flats? & 2. What is the best way to go about doing so? I was thinking of using painters tape to block off the areas which I don't wish to polish; however, I am unsure of what to do around the area's containing slide serrations and how to achieve the shiny peaks with Nitron coated valleys.

Use a flat surface ( glass/granite surface plate etc) and sand slide flats on a piece of sandpaper laid on plate.

Back