Sig Sauer p220 & s&w m&p shield 45 acp M.2

Linker

Had a couple of Colts. A government model then a Combat Elite both 45 acp. They were both a pain to disassemble and reassemble. But I did and they both worked really well. Then on the recommendation of a concealed carry teacher I got my Sig p220 45 acp. The teacher claimed to be a single action 1911 guy but he said he considered the Sig to be the best DA/SA out there. High praise indeed from someone who claims to be a 1911 guy. I got one and sold my remaining government model. The gun is the best of both worlds. Engineered in Switzerland built in West Germany. It is a 1986 model, at least that's when I got it. Easy to take apart, put back together and a hell of a shooter.

Fade to now and while I still have the Sig I now also have a s&w m&p 45 acp shield. The people at S&W made this pistol a real shooter. This despite the small sized barrel 3 1/8 inches. Having to get used to a polymer framed hammer less pistol was easier than I thought it would be. I don't know if it is the grip or what but it easy to shoot and accurate as heck.

Anybody else have my experience perhaps with another polymer framed 45 acp or even the same one? I carry it concealed by the way.

Back