Sig Sauer & its new owners...

X-Man

So, what can be expected of new Sig Sauer owners? Do they have any history re: corporate take overs? Will they start cutting costs? Reducing product lines? Pull a S&W? or will they pour $$$ into R&D to improve existing product, expand the line, strengthen market share?

Sig & new owners...

In the jan/feb '01 issue of American Handgunner, last page, it states that 2 textile magnates have purchased Sig Arms from the Sig Group. Deal includes the Sig Arms factory & distribution center in New Hampshire, Blaser rifles of Isny Germany, and the SIG Arms faactory in Neuhausen, Switzerland.
No sale price was disclosed. Also mentioned that the assault rifle factory in Neuhausen and the Hammerli factory in Lenzburg, will remain part of the SIG Group.
Basically the entire blurb in mag...

If you can tell me the names of those companies, I may be better able to address your original question. I'd have to take a look at the companies and their histories and goals...

Sig

The article is that vague. Does not include names, sale price, NOTHING. This worries me because the lack of detail tells me they are hiding something or were trying to get something by w/o someone noticing.

SIG Purchase

If you go to the SIG site, there's a press release about it naming the new owners and giving some background and plans.

Back