Sig Sauer 9MM and 45 ACP JHP Ammo

Secretariat

Has anyone out there ever had any experiences with the Sig Sauer 9MM in 147 Grain( JHP) G and 45 ACP in 230 Grain( JHP) ammos? If yes, what do you think of them? Are they very reliable and what is your take about them as defensive rounds?
Thanks in advance.

I began to shoot them regularly as of late. One reason is they're cheaper than other bullets like golden saber and preform well. I shoot both 45 and 9 mm. I found out about them from watching Paul Harrell videos on YouTube.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

You would have to look at the tests and if they have been done on Sig 9mm and 45.

That would give you a comparison and some probability estimates.

For every success there is what people consider failures. Often as a result of not shooting well (kind of hard to be cool and calm of course)

I like GS as it is a bit less expensive, the gun shoots it really well and its rated up there with the top ones.

If it did not shoot the GS well it would be off my list just for the cost.

Lower cost and ok to practice with, but what you have in the gun is what you live with (or not) so price is not a good prime consideration.

If I recall correctly, these performed fairly well in gelatin testing performed by Luck Gunner. Specifics should be easily acquired by a quick internet search. Obviously, before buying a bunch of them, you should confirm that they function well in your guns.

My wife carries the 124gr Sig Elite JHP and it has been very reliable in her Shield. I don't believe we have experienced any malfunctions yet. I carry the .38 version in my M85, seems great so far for the price.

Back