Sig Pro BlueLine

DAN745

Inactive
I just stopped by the local gun store and in the used handgun case was a Sig Pro in 40 S&W. I noticed there was a logo ontop of the slide which read BLUELINE. An employee told me that this gun was originally to be sent to a police agency though at the last moment the department decided to go with another brand of handgun.
This gun felt extremely good in my hand and on an impulse I filled out the paperwork and put down a deposit. I was told that this gun had never been fired except at the factory. The finish appeared to be 99 percent intact and best of all the gun was already fitted with Trijicon night sights.
I wanted to find out if anyone has had any experience with the SigPro, either good or bad. I paid $549 for the gun. Is this a resonable price to pay? Any information is appreciated.

The Blueline SIGPro is indeed a law enforcement special. I used to own a Blueline .357SIG a few months back, with civilian PC magazines instead of LEO 12-rounders. It's an excellent gun: sturdy, accurate, and reliable...exactly the ticket for polymer lovers who want a traditional SA/DA gun with a near indestructible plastic frame. The SIGPro is robust to the point of being oerengineered, you could build a suspension bridge on the slide rails. Never had a problem with mine, and I only traded it in because I needed the money towards a Glock 20. I'd get one again, although $549 sounds a little high...SIGPros go for around $450 here, and the Blueline is generally a few bucks cheaper than the black-cased SIGPros. Then again, yours has Trijicons, which would set you back about a hundred including installation, so I guess you did good.

Congratulations!

I've owned a standard sigpro for a little less than a year now. Bought it in .357 SIG and purchased a SIG .40 barrel from the gun shop. I shoot .40 cal in mine mostly because it is cheaper but am convinced that the .357 SIG cartridge is more accurate with the whole gammut of ammo choices to be had. I have found a wonderful and relatively inexpensive .40 cal cartridge that is super accurate in my sigpro. Fiocchi's 170gr truncated FMJ is rated at 1,050 fps and available from http://www.summitammo.com for $185 per 1,000 rounds DELIVERED. I just shot it yesterday at the range and I was able to squeeze 3 sub 2" 5 shot groups off hand at 25m distance! That's awesome. My largest group all day off hand was 4.25" which you can blame on my less than perfect marksmanship skills (this ain't from a bench!) That pistol is accurate and it sure absorbs your mistakes. It just may be the best engineered SIG yet, but don't make me pick my favorite. I had a friend who was a Colorado Springs PD officer who was so impressed with mine that he ended up buying a LEO Blue Line sigpro for himself complete with the night sights and the 3 hi-cap mags standard. I won't tell you the price because it was great (largely because he got a LE discount).

Great pistol. Don't let it go.

SS

I agree w/the others, love mine. I replaced a Glock 23 with it with no regrets. IMO, it's the best made polymer gun to be had.

Bluelines rock!

Good choice. I have no doubt you'll be happy. And just so you know. ill post some of the features.

Excellent recoil control with both the 357 Sig and 40 S&W calibers.
Efficient, snag free, recessed decocker and slide catch lever design.
Lower cost; the retail price of the SP is $200 less than the P229.
Simplified internal design.
Built tough to last.
Low maintenance.
Hammer-forged steel barrel for strength and accuracy.
Fully supported barrel chamber (especially critical for 40 S&W pistols).
Option of buying an extended Bar-Sto barrel for greater velocity potential.
Disconnector prevents out-of-battery discharge.
Interchangeable grips to fit various hand sizes.
Excellent grip angle for quick sight acquisition.
New corrosion-resistant Nitron impregnated stainless steel slide.
Steel to steel lockup of slide and frame.
Enclosed slide and grip design to keep out dirt & grime.
Integral fire control unit to easily switch from DA/SA to DAO.
Wide array of sights to choose from: standard Bar-dot/Dotted-I, 3-Dot, night sights, etc.
Integral accessory rails for attachments, such as the perfectly integrated Laser Sighting System (developed exclusively for Sig Pro models. Quickly slides on or off without changing point-of-impact or requiring special holstering. Waterproof to 10 meters. Day or night use).
Reversible magazine release.
Non-snag design.
Slotted front and rear sights.
4-point safety system.
Slide must be fully open for dismantling – decreases chance for human error.
Full functional safety for first shot potential.
Very smooth and easy to master trigger pull for speed and accuracy.
Follow-up shots, in either DAO mode, or SA mode -- your choice.
Excellent short reset in SA mode.
Easy to cock hammer to fire first shot in SA mode.
Loaded round indicator.
Excellent accuracy.
Excellent Sig precision, reliability and Quality.
Excellent customer service and support.
The Sig Pro/Sig SP 2340 is the smallest, big pistol that you can pleasantly shoot full powered 357 Sig and .40 S&W ammo through, without being concerned about recoil, as well as providing excellent accuracy and durability. I take my hat off to Sig Engineering.

More info at..

http://www.gunnery.net/sig/sigpro.html

Back