Sig pricing question

2shots

A friend just called with news that he wants to sell his SIG 229, a minty satin nickel model with four and, possibly, five pre-ban 15-round magazines, a Kramer IWB holster and a Bianchi shoulder rig. Anybody willing to venture an educated guess as to what this combination is worth? Many thanks.

229's have stainless slides. Is the frame black? What caliber? Factory high caps in .40 are $60-$70 around here.

Ah, Geez, It's a 226, a 9mm, so I guess that liley would make it less desirable. I understand that the whole pistol is in matte nickel.

My 4 year old "blue book" says %100 226 worth $735. Add $70 for electroless nickel. Satin nickel is not particularly a desirable feature on a military/police type gun as a SIG. But, for $600-$700 on a cherry 226 w/high caps I would be tempted. I've got a 229 and have had a few others 228, 239, and a 2 tone 229. The standard finish shows wear rapidily especial if you holster it. Maybe nickle will fair better. Some nice checkered rosewood grips and it could look pretty sharp.

Back