SIG Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went looking for a new carry handgun at the local gun shop last night. Fell in love with the SIGs. Couldn't believe the feel of the trigger. And it has all my desires for a carry handgun, (see previous post.) Looked at the S&W and they are a piece of c#$p compared to everything else I was looking at (SIG, Glock and Beretta).

They have a used SIG 229 (I believe). It has the k-cote, and night sights + 1 12 or 13 round magazine. Price $739. Visible wear on the slide and magazine. Looks like it was someone elses carry gun for a while. It is what I would consider Good to Very Good on the NRA scale.

They also have a new SIG, similar model, but in 40 S&W. The guy is going to let me shoot his next time I see him there. If I can shoot it as well as the 9mm then I will probably consider buying that. Price, right around $800, but he would throw in 8 1/2 hour sessions at the range.

Those SIG's are really sweet and I can't see buying anything else (except maybe the compact Berettas).

Are these prices reasonable? Any help would be appreciated.

------------------
Peace...
Keith

If the 2nd is antiquated, what will happen to the rest.
"the right to keep and bear arms."

Both prices sound pretty high to me. I've heard that SIG factory prices went up recently, but still, for used guns, those are high. Try also Ky. Imports at http://www.kyimports.com/. Good luck, I've got 4 SIGs, love em all. Reliable, accurate, easy to clean, fun to shoot, ya mon! M2

Keith , you might want to travel down to the south side on Emerson Avenue and try Albros , they should beat that price by $150 - $200 . Good luck , Mike...

In the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area, I've seen SigPro 40 cal as well as the P220 45 cal for $599 at Cheaper Than Dirt. Gun show prices here are even a bit lower.

Keith:

I agree with the others...sounds high for used SIGs. I purchased my three new a little over a year ago and they cost less than the prices you quoted.

All three came with nite sights...my 220 with K-coat.

Shop around some...I think you can do better.
Mike

Greetings, These used Sig price's seem a bit
ridiculous to me also. I am the proud owner
of four Sig's also; like Mike in Virginia.
My most costly one was the P229 with factory
Siglite night sight's, at $760.00 + 8% sales
tax. To compare, my P220 was $639.95, P226
with the Siglite night sight's and two-tone
finish $629.95, and last but certainly not
least the P228 was $550.00. All were NIB,
except the 228, and it was only 3 months
old and would rate NRA 99%; and it came
with two 13 round magazine's.

------------------
Ala Dan

I think those prices seem high; considering, I purchased a nib Sig Pro 2340 on 10-04-99 for $582.50, a third magazine for $42.00, and a cleaning brush for $1.60. My total price with tax was $673.06. Prices may be higher in your state, but I would look around before buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back