Sig P365 - Simplicity defined

ncdmz

I'm old enough to have served in the USMC when we still used 1911's and the .45 ACP remains my favorite cartridge; I own a couple of Officer Model 1911's, a Kahr PM45, Marlin .45 Carbine, even a Charter Arms revolver in .45 ACP. And, it's a cartridge that is ideal for reloading.

However, I purchased my first 9mm over a year ago, a Sig P365, and, after shooting nearly 1,000 rounds through it without a misfire and taking it down to component level for cleaning multiple times, I'm convinced it's the easiest weapon I've ever shot or worked on. It is truly amazing how simple it is to operate and clean.

I find it remarkable how far the gun industry has come in the manufacturer of reliable, easy-to-use & maintain, cost-effective firearms.

I also recently moved from a Kimber Ultra in .45 to a Sig P365X with the red dot reflex-
After my first range trip with the pistol I began to wonder why I hadn't tried the Sig sooner.
This little pistol just shoots plain and simple.
I have carried a 1911 of some sort for the last 12 years or so daily-well not anymore.

The 365 in it’s various configurations has been a great pistol for Sig. They have addressed the small grip with the XL, even added a safety for those that are hesitant about carrying a striker fired pistol. Simple to field strip, durable, and very accurate in good hands.

.... However, I purchased my first 9mm over a year ago, a Sig P365, and, after shooting nearly 1,000 rounds through it without a misfire and taking it down to component level for cleaning multiple times, I'm convinced it's the easiest weapon I've ever shot or worked on. It is truly amazing how simple it is to operate and clean.

I find it remarkable how far the gun industry has come in the manufacturer of reliable, easy-to-use & maintain, cost-effective firearms.
When I moved from a 1911 to a G19, one of the remarks that I made was that I was impressed by its simplicity. Easy to use, easy to strip and clean, reliable and passably accurate. I no longer own the G19, but the same appears to hold true for lots of the modern polymer pistols. And yeah, it's kind of amazing that the gun industry can produce such simple, reliable pistols at very reasonable prices.

There’s something about a 1911 and the holes it makes at the range that just puts a smile on my face. It feels so real in the hand. Had a G19 for the longest time and had or shot a variety of other compact and subcompacts, but always prefered a metal hammer gun over them. Almost always a CZ or 1911 style clone. Never thought I’d even look at another polymer/striker again, but Sig did an excellent job with the 365. Great ergos, simple, elegant, decent trigger with the X and XL models. Doesn’t pound the crap out of arthritic hands…a total win. Great little pistol!

A swapable blackstrap would make it 100%, but we’ll all have to likely wait for the next version. Sig seems to really pride themselves on the “but wait…there’s more” marketing approach!

Last edited:
I like the design, capacity, and looks, but the P365 just doesn’t fit my hand at all. Would definitely love to see a swapable backstrap.

The 365 is a winner for sure. I like mine well enough that we bought a 2nd one for my wife. My wife is not really a gun person, but does carry and will practice just enough to be safe with the gun. She could hit someone at close range, and I guess that is good enough. We decided it would be smart if we both carried the same gun to keep it simple in case she ever had to use mine I'm comfortable with different guns, but felt it best if she just learned one design.

They have addressed the small grip with the XL,

I still prefer the standard pistol. I have factory 12 round grips for mine that give me the exact grip as the XL plus I have the option of the more compact 10 round mags when concealment is more of an issue.

Plus, we traveled earlier this summer to a couple of places with 10 round mag capacity requirements. We just left the 12 round mags at home.

I got one that runs great but doesn't fit my hands.

Buddy got one that has a weird issue-slide doesn't fully return to battery during live fire. Sits a few millimeters back making the gun out of battery and won't fire.

A nudge of the slide returns it to true but, concerning.

It was brand new out of box, cleaned and to the range.

I just picked one up yesterday, the TacPac version. Got it at Murdoch's for $499, counting a $50 gift card deal.
Used the gift card to get brass and dies.
Took her home last night and made 2 rounds to shoot, just to say I did.:D

It's "my wife's carry gun", but she doesn't carry at the moment so I'll keep it company until she does. :p

I really wanted a Kimber Micro 9 stainless with laser, but at $150 more money, less capacity, fewer mags and no holster... I just couldn't justify it even though the Kimber is way prettier.

I must say, this thing makes my G33 feel like a boat anchor!

attachment.php

I bought SIG's kydex ambi holster when they were running a special on them for $20 - works for LH or RH and IWB or AWB; retention screw is adjustable as well

I hated the SAS. I could not put shots on target to save my life. I get it…..these class of guns are not “range guns”, but the fact that I was so off with the SAS sights caused me to sell it and I recently purchased the non SAS model and its night and day after a day at the range.

I absolutely love the ergonomics of the P365. It feels as if it was made just for my hand. On top of that, it shoots well and conceals well all while holding 10+1 from the factory.

Back