Sig P245

leedesert

Has anyone shot this gun yet. If yes, tell me what you think. I held it in a shop the other day and fell in love. I would like first hand impressions, not opinions.
Also, how well does the Sig company stand behind their product.

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

I'm hoping for several responses here, too. I own this pistol's "little brother" (P239 in 9mm) and I LOVE it. Since I'm looking for a .45 ACP, this one may well be the choice.

All I know is when I picked this gun up I nearly melted. It felt so balanced in my hand and had a very low profile (width).

------------------
"It is easier to get out of jail then it is a morgue"
Live long and defend yourself!
John 3:16

Greetings Poster's; I do not own the P245;
but I DO own it's big brother, the Sig P220A
in .45ACP. Undisputedly the finest firearms
made; bar none. Their service department is
TOPS. If they can't fix it; then they will
replace it!!! :D

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member
Message edited by Dan H. Ford on 01-07-2000

I shot a friends P245 a few weeks ago. I was expecting a much different animal than I found. Muzzle flip and felt recoil, to me, was only slightly more than that of my P220. The accuracy and reliability was everything I have come to expect from a SIG Sauer firearm. At 25 yards my best six round group, from a sand bag rest, was two and 1/16 inches. I was having a really good day! :cool: My best six round group, standing unsupported, was three and 5/8 inches. These groups are some of my best, and I shot them on a clear, calm morning in the Arizona desert. My friend's groups were tighter, but I don't want to talk about that.

I have high regard for SIG Arms customer service. If you call them during business hours, they will answer their phones. Try getting HK on the phone more once in a millennium! :(

------------------
May your lead always hit center mass and your brass always land in your range bag.

~Blades~

Sig P245 is an excellent weapon if the grip fits you. Typical SIG in the fact its well made, accurate,reliable as all get out and even though it's a compact pistol is still built like a tank and in my opinion would probably pass for mil-spec anywhere in the world. Leedesert if your interested I know of a good deal on a P245 that would save you a $100, if you're interested email me at scottgun@hotmail.com

------------------
Somedays you eat the bear...somedays the bear eats you.

I have the Sig P245 and like it real well. It shoots fine and very accurate. The gun has not jammed with me and I have shot it maybe 500 rounds. I like the feel and size of the P245 very much.
If you get one I hope you enjoy it as well.
Ed

My girlfriend bought one while I was on vacation and I was pretty skeptical at first.
I love Sigs but felt as if the 245 tried to answer something that wasn't needed. Here is my oppinions on the gun.
Dislikes:
Size- Compared to a glock 30 it seemed much "bulkier"
Capacity- 6 rounds semmed like too few for the size of the gun, again see glock 30.
Price- EXPENCIVE!!! for the size and limited amount of rounds I thought this was crazy

Accuracy- From this small pistol I expected less. I was in complete awe when after my first shot. Superb!!!
Recoil- as in I don't remember feeling any!
It's a Sig- When was the last time you heard of a Sig KB!!!

It is a great gun just not my cup of tea. My girlfriend swears by it and makes fun of my USP. I have heard that the 220 mags will work just stick out, these would be great for bedside or second mag.

I shot my friends P245-- great gun, almost as accurate as my P220--dont like the capacity for the size-- but if you shoot it straight enough it will not matter anyway! ;)

------------------
"peace, love, joy, and happiness..."

Back