Sig P245 Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogger

Folks, I have a hankering for a Sig P245, but I don't want to trade in my Colt CCO and some cash and wind up big time disappointed. I had a Sig P220 but decided it was too big for CCW. So I bought the Colt CCO. Colt CCO is nice (flawless reliability) but my heart pangs again for a Sig. Would like to hear from you folks who are shooting P245s -- how is the reliability, the accuracy, the recoil, the controllability, the concealability? What do you not like? Or... is it too early to tell? The P245s in this area aren't flying off the shelves. Cheapest I have seen is about $645.

Naw! I ain't interested in a GLOCK or an HK or a BIG SIG or a KIMBER or a RUGER or a CZ or a Walther!! :)

Well... maybe a Ruger #1 in 7x57mm Mauser, but I ain't found a Milt Sparks holster for one...

:)

Many thanks.

Like all SIGs you cannot go wrong!!!
However since the P245 is a "NEW" model it will be more difficult to find at a lower price $$$.
The 245 has roughly the same dimensions as the 228/229 with the exception of being a slimer designed 6+1/.45ACP.
My first suggestion for a concealed carry SIG is the P239 in .40SW/7+1... (which is flying off the shelves!!! good luck finding one!!!) It is very easy to conceal, there are a lot of aftermarket products out there to upgrade this pistol...
Hogue rubber grips, Harrts recoil reducer, etc; etc; The 239 is going for around $450 NIB add $$$ for nite sights...
The only drawback or plus is the cartridge.
I feel the .45auto is the best self defense cartridge out there, has been for a long time...
The .40 however is a little easier on your wallet $$$!
If you really want the P245 and want it at a better price my only suggestion is to wait for the model to saturate the market an lose its "NEW" status, until then it will cost more than other standard models...

------------------
SURE SHOT

[This message has been edited by James Montes (edited October 19, 1999).]

Don't worry about the P245, I've got one and although it is the best .45 I've had, if $ is an issue follow James's advice and get the P239, A VERY good piece. IF you get the .357 you will have just as much if not MORE power then the P245. However should you end up with the P245, try to use the 165gn hollow pts, you get more ft lbs in the smaller bbl that way. I might part with my P245 for about $500 if ya asked nicely, but I've got 5 mags and you probably would want all those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back