Sig P230 grips

ivan9mm

Inactive
I never liked the grips on my P230SL because the plastic grip feels slippery. I've fired a Walter PPKS with the Pachmayr grips in the past and the gun felt great. Today, I searched Pachmayr's website and it doesn't appear they make one for the P230.

Does anyone have suggestions on upgrading grips of the Sig P230?

Hogue makes grips specifically for the P230. I got them from an Ajax Shooters Supply ad in Shotgun News.

After installing them, they were OK, but there is seam at the backstrap area and I couldn't get it closed fully. I could see a spring slightly through the crack. Although probably not a problem, I went and put the originals back on because being able to see the innards bothered me.

In any case, they felt good.

Cheers.

I have the Hogues on my P230 and they fit perfectly. They make the pistol MUCH more fun to shoot. Hogue is very customer oriented, and if the grips don't fit exactly (fairly common) they'll make it right. Keep your receipt!

I will also endorse the Hogue grip. In fact, Sig makes a version of the P232 with the Hogue grip and night sights. The only difference betwen the Hogue bought aftermarket and the ones that come OEM is where the AM grip has the Hogue logo, the OEM ones say "SIGARMS" in a semi-circle. But you do have to like rubber grips and finger grooves.

Will p230 hogue grips fit on a p232? I cannot find any replacement grips for my p232. Great gun but the grips are a little slick.

Back