SIG P229/P220 Sport series

Status
Not open for further replies.

thequickad

Anyone own/fired the new SIG P220 Sports or the P229 Sports series? At over $1000 per gun, I would like to know if the "Sports"
enhancement really works and really worth the money? Since you can buy two regular SIGS for the price of one SIG SPORTS

Have not got to shoot one yet. Have only seen the P229S actually for sale, saw the P220S at the SHOT Show and it is the one I would want.

I found SIG P229 Sport for $899 and P220 Sport for $1009 so there is not much difference. Both guns are different than the traditional SIG designs (sheet metal slide) and are completely made out of Stainless steel.

One article has reviewed the P229S and said it is extremely accurate and will hold 10 inch at 100 yards.

Good price on the P229S, but I think it still has the nickled alloy frame of the regular gun. The P220S did seem to have a different frame and was all SS.

Actually the P229S frame is also made of stainless steel. It weighs in at 46.7 oz without mags. I guess there is limited knowlege out there on these two models so I will have to get one and share the knowlege.

Specifications - SIG SAUER P229S
available in .357 SIG only, Double-action/Single-Action, stainless steel frame and slide, adjustable target sights, changeable magazine release, heavy barrel for improved accuracy, and extended slide catch and magazine release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back