Sig P226 XFive

Handgunner00

Any Firing Line members have hands-on experience with a newly produced Sig P226 XFive-9 in either the Classic or Stas model? Their MSRP is $2199 and the usual listing cost is around $2300. This is one of those refinance-the-house-to-buy firearms that cause me to ask if its worth the price. Thoughts?

Thanks.

About to go with the Classic. Love my Elite, but the stainless frame makes best sense on the 226, in my mind. Wish the ess models would come back.

Craft Armory did a great revie on sig forum. The Legion has less creep and can be in the same pull weight. They figured the cause and are going to sell a part for the new x.

I dont care for the new green paint of the Legion. But if you can, and dont need stainless, a cheaper Legion or graygun part 226 Elite appears to equal trigger. Kinda the paraphrase from CA, and they are a great authority on high cost guns.

Barrel, mags, grip, frame, stainless being of course differernt.

what i want to learn is if the E2 grip and X are equal in shape. E2 is perfect.

I had looked at them some years back when I was looking to add a quality 9mm for precision matches. Never heard anything negative about the Sig but I got an opportunity to get a used, like new, Smith 952 for I think like in the $1200-$1400 range so I bought it. Still have the 952 and no regrets. If a similar deal came up with a X5 I would buy it. As an aside, got 2 Sig 220s; a 10mm and a match elite in 45 and both are keepers, very accurate.

Back