Sig P226 Mags from Ramline

Anticipating my purchase of a SIG 226, I bought a hi-cap mag before the CA ban in 2000. The store keeper told me that they made great mags.

Months later, after my purchase, I ran some rounds through... I didn't have any misfeeds or anything like that but I did notice that the spring is different on my Ramline than any other I have. Instead of the conventional springs of factory mags, mine has a coil mag and though it worked okay the rounds rattle whenever I get past a certain number (8 I think) but only with every other round I place. I guess its not something I should really be concerned about since it worked fine.

Other than that, I love the magazine. Fits the SIG like a glove, flush with the grips and slides in easy. It doesn't get stuck at the magazine release catch like other mags tend to.

Hope this helps.

P.S.- You got a GREAT name!

The Ram Line magazines I had were great. I owned 2 that I bought in '93, and one that I bought in '98. I never had a problem with any of them. They always worked. The only time I ever had a problem was when a friend of mine (SWAT officer) slammed the mag in HARD and the top round did a nosedive. But the mag was not loaded to full capacity so I think that was part of the problem. Other than that, they were great.
If I have a chance to get some more, I would do it so long as they are priced right. I paid no more than $20 for mine.

I have three of the Ram-Line 18 round magazines for my P226. They have been 100% reliable with everything from 115 grain ball to 147 grain hollowpoints. If you want high-caps, they are better than ProMag or USA Brand magazines.

Me again...
I don't know if this matters but if you look at my posting as well as Phillip's you can make the assumption that the mag spring is pretty weak. Hence the rattling in my case and the nosedive in Phillip's gun.

Just something I forgot to mention earlier.

Thanks y'all

I appreciate the advice. Me dealer wants $50.00 for each mag so I think I'm going to call CDNN and buy some of their used SIG mags instead.

Back