Sig P220 with fast snapping decocker?

mach1.3

I have a P220 which I bought used. It functions great, is accurate and fits my hand with the new E2 grips I had installed. The thing that bothers me is the decocker. When the lever is accuated the trigger snaps rapidly down. I have seven other DA/SA Sigs and none do this. I like the feeling of being able to lower the trigger smoothly, slowly and silently. Now don't mistake me the pistol does not discharge during this action but does give a certain feeling of trepidation when it snaps down.

My question is: will replacing the decocker spring solve this problem? Also, is replacing this spring something that a non-armorer as myself can do? Any info will be appreciated

When you say the "trigger" snaps rapidly down, don't you really mean hammer? Because all the trigger does is move forward.

I have two P220's and both hammers will fall quickly. The decocker spring only deals with how the decocking lever feels and does not control how fast or slow the hammer falls.

All the decockers (of any brand)I've handled "snapped" the HAMMER with the same force/speed as during actual firing.

Back