Sig P220 Sport

twoinchgroup52

Been researching the Sig P229 Sport in 357 Sig caliber (only caliber it is available in). Like what I see and read. Now I see Sig also makes a P220 Sport in 45acp. Both guns have essentially the same features (adjustable sights, compensator, all stainless, match type trigger). Both pistols have the same suggested retail price. Does anyone know whether the P220 Sport is available yet? Was supposed to be new for 1999. Does anyone have any hands on experience with this pistol? Twoinchgroup52.

I got to shoot one last fall and really liked it. It has a steel frame so it's a good bit heavier and is great fun to shoot. Didn't do formal accuracy testing, but it seemed to shoot well. They were "supposed" to be available then, but who knows.

the best price for P229 Sport is about $900, the P220 Sport is higher at about $1050. Both have been available since mid last year (or even earlier). The P229 Sport shoots really nice. I have heard some problems with the P220 sport's extractor. Also the P220 has that funky colored compensator. Both guns are made out of stainless steel.

I just picked up a sig 220 sport through CDNN for $849. I think it is safe to say it is the ugliest gun I own. The aluminum compensator looks like an afterthought and makes the gun look ridiculously big.

The gun shoots unbelievably well, with 3" groups at 25 yards offhand (good for me). Kick is negligible. The trigger is actually a little rougher than the standard 220, which I though was a lttle odd. Overall, well worth the price.

Back