Sig P220 10mm magazine update

IdahoG36

I started a thread earlier in the month detailing the magazine issue with the new P220 10mm. The magazine catches on the mag release, and can take excessive force to seat the magazine.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=564168&highlight=sig+10mm

Last week, I received two new factory Sig 10mm magazines that I purchased online. They are the same design as the ones that came with the gun from the factory. Reading posts on other forums in regards to this issue, many people thought that Sig would make a revised magazine to incorporate the indent that the P220 .45 magazines have to facilitate clearing the magazine release.

Many people are stating now that Sig is beveling the bottom edge of the magazine release to take care of the issue. That is the conclusion that I reached by looking at this issue on my gun, prior to reading any of that. If you feel comfortable working on your own gun, you can easily fix this issue without a trip back to the factory. If not, it sounds like Sig will take care of you.

I just wanted to pass along the info in case anybody else is experiencing this issue.

Two new factory Sig 10mm magazines
2E1F0D46-839F-4B66-9448-169ACEA4D09A_zpsa1momqrg.jpg

Unfortunately I cannot open your photos - neither in this thread nor in the original one.
Maybe because this thread is already pretty old.
So basically al that needs to be done is rounding off the bottom part of the magazine catch in the gun, correct?

Back