SIG P-230 vs. Walther PPK/S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karanas

Any advice, opinions or experience on how these two firearms match up? (In .380)

[This message has been edited by Karanas (edited September 12, 1999).]

As a sometime user of PPK/s, I'd advise P230. Sig is a little smaller and lighter and, IMO, is a bit more combat worthy. Walther, OTOH, is prettier.

The SIG P230 is probably the finest .380 auto produced. It is also one of the BIGGEST. The only thing in a .380 that is larger has a double stack magazine. It is light with an alloy frame, but still bulky. A Kahr MK9, though heavier, is a full 9mm in a smaller package. I replaced my Walther PPK with the MK9 and have never regretted it.

While I fully agree with going to the more potent caliber, your post did ask for information concerning the Walther and the SIG P230. I have owned both (several Walthers) and two SIG P230s. I shot all. I currently own one German Walther PP in .380 and the blued lightweight version SIG-Sauer P230. No Walther I've ever fired hit point of aim; they consistently hit high in .380, but dead on in .32acp. Having fleshy hands, I get "slide bite" if I'm not very careful. The P230, however, hits dead on and the slide bite is not a problem. It is larger. Its DA pull is longer, but smoother in my experience and my P230s have never malfunctioned, something I cannot say about the Walthers. In my experience, the German/French Walthers tend to work better than the American ones. That said, a trusted friend has a stainless PPK that works fine. I guess I prefer the SIG-Sauer were I forced to carry a .380acp, but I like the "looks," "class," and feel of the Walther PP better. Best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back