Sig P-229 9 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emin

For a few days, I searched the web for P-229 in 9 mm -- nothing. It's not even listed in GunsAmerica -- with their "display next 200 entries" feature. Especially considering the fact that Sigarms makes 8 different model numbers for this particular model in this calibre, I simply find it amazing that NO ONE has this weapon! Well, a lot of places such as Buchman, KYImports, GunsAmerica and some other (with the most reasonable prices) have P-229 in .357 Sig and .40 S&W. And I'm certain that if I place a special order through a dealer, they'll get it for me; however, I will have to go with whatever price will be quoted, with no comparison shopping. I simply have no idea what the best possible price for this gun is, and who has it for such price. Does anybody have a suggestion? Thanks a lot.

Emin, actually there was ONE listed at GA but you prob'ly mentally blanked it out ! ;)
P229 9mm $1,000.00 New-In-Box 9mm Sig P229. A genuine collectors dream. All original, never fired, with 3 genuine Sig pre-ban 13rd magazines. Pistol was purchased for collection prior to ban and never used! Original owner. Stored in humidity controlled environment. All in original box, with accessories. Factory Sig Night Sights installed. Comes with Genuine Sig sight adjustment tool. Also comes with high quality precision "mountain leather works" holster
I'll keep an eye out on one for you. :)

------------------
"The Gun from Down Under !"
http://www.para1911fanclub.w3.to/
E-mail hotshot_2000@hotmail.com
Alternate E-mail
HS2000@ausi.com

Yikes!!! $1000 for a 9mm 229??? More like a collector's nightmare. I remember seeing the, for under $500 NIB. That was around the time they had been announced as out of production.
Emin buy yourself 229 .357 or .40 caliber. You won't regret it.

Phillip, our replies got posted almost simultaneously and I need to ask you -- is P229 in 9 mm really out of production as opposed to .357 and .40?

Emin,
Just curious, but if you are set on a 9mm, why wouldn't you opt for the 228? Because of the references to "sheet metal" construction?

These are not meant to be rhetorical questions.

Regards,
Matt

Emin, yes the 9MM 229's are out of production. As for the 226 and 229 9MM, they are hard to find as SIG is temporarily limiting sales to LE and Military to catch up with contracts. On another note, since the 229 and 226 are available in 40 and 357, those would make a great choice, unless you really have your heart set on a 9MM. As for the 239 9MM, it is an easy pistol to shoot, and it is really overbuilt for the 9MM. I have one in 357 SIG and it is a great. I think that for the size there are some more efficient guns out there such as the HK USPC, or maybe even a mini Glock.
Emin if you keep looking I am sure you will find a 229 eventually. If not there is nothing wrong with a 228 as long as it is in good shape. Also keep your eyes open for a 225. That might also suit your needs.

Matt, answering your question, the reason I've posted my inquiry is simply that I've had no idea about the pricing of 229, but I know, although roughly, about the prices of 228. I honestly thought they would be priced similarly which is, unfortunatelly, not the case. If they were, however, wouldn't you opted for the one with a slide machined out of a whole block of stainless steel yourself? Now, it makes perfect sense why there's a difference in price.

Unless you are considering the "collector" value of the 229 9mm stated above, I would sincerely consider any of the other 9mm models in the SIG line.

If you check them out, you will notice that the "sheet metal" isn't the same as what CocaCola uses for their containers. ;) What you realy need to consider if you are concerned about the slide material of SIGS is:

1. Stainless vs. Carbon Steel (Not cast, so IMHO not an issue of inferiority to other carbon steel slides used by any other manufacturer.

2. How other SIGS hold up over time. Do a search and read up on the history of SIG durability.

Robert

------------------
"But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip; and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." -Jesus Christ (Luke 22:36, see John 3:15-18)

Wow... Just wanted to say what an awesome quote that is Robert... I might have to use that one some day. Hope I am not offending anyone by being off of subject! hehe..
-Aaron

------------------
"...you're thinkin was that 5 shots or was it 6? Well, you've gotta ask yourself one question: Do you feel lucky??? ...Well, do ya PUNK!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back