sig owners. ? any problems with P226 clips in P229

Status
Not open for further replies.

gunrunner

I am looking for some hicaps and was wondering. i played with the P226 clip went in and out of the gun P229 well, with minor over extension is there any feed problems with this setup. looking for Hi cap 9mm for my P229.

------------------

gr:

I don't know about the 9mm but the .40/.357 mags for my P226 will not fit in my P229.

Someone else out there may know...if you don't get an answer, just try a couple of rounds. If it works, you're probably OK. Notice you live in the Middle East...Germany may be your best bet to obtain Hi-caps for your P229. Franconia used to be the biggest gun sports outfit there...might try them and see.

Mike

Well the one I had i think was the 9MM but I know the clips for the 9MM work the same in the .40/357, it just sticks out alittle as for as i can tell. so about the location, I am in Palestin TX usa. not middle east.
thank for the info.

gr:

Got it...thanks for updating your profile!

Yeah, it just won't work with the .40/357SIG mags...taper is different between 226 and 229...good luck on making it work.

Mike

well. lets clear this alittle what i need and I what I know. I would like Hi caps magazine in both .40/357 and the 9mm. I have the P229 in the .40/357, so the question stands 1) can the P226 9MM clip work in a P229? i know it fits slipped in and out with release no problem. is there feed problems that I dont know. 2) sound like the p226 .40/357 clip wont work. i havent seen that one but if you have tried then thats out. anyone else out there played with both the 9mm versions of the P226/P229?

------------------
shut up and reload.

Don't know if a 9mm magazine will let a .40 round stick up far enough to feed. I know in my Ruger 9mm that a .40 magazine holds 9mm at a higher angle than the 9mm magazine. This higher angle does not seem to hurt feed reliability. I'd think that the narrower feed lips of the 9mm magazine might not work with .40 cases. Is this what you are asking? Using 9mm magazines for a .40?

well not really what i would like to do is use the 226 hicap mag 9MM for my P229 as the 9MM clip. there are alot more p226 hicap clips outthere than P229, also i have bought the extra barrel to make my P229 a 9MM. someone mentioned that the .40 clip would hold the 9MM bullets but i dont know this. sorry so confusing I thought more people have done this before maybe i am wrong.

------------------
shut up and reload.

Can't speak for the Sig on this one. My Ruger P-94 will take 9mm or .40 magazines. A 10 round .40 magazine will hold and reliably feed 15 9mm. I don't know why the Sig wouldn't. The promag 15 rounders I bought for my 226 seem to work fine. For $12 it wouldn't cost a lot to try.

Good question. I don't know, I never thought about it. I didn't modify the magazine to increase its capacity. If anyone knows the legality of this, please post.

as long as you didnt make any modifications then you didnt break any laws. you could stick 30 22 rounds in there it just happens it works. but i still need to know if the 9mm will work in the .40 cal version. thanks

------------------
shut up and reload.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back