Sig newbie here!!!

Georgian

Complete Sig noob joining the darkside! Hey yall, I just recently came across a smoking deal on a LEO trade in red box P320 carry 9mm at CDNN and could not pass it up.

Being in law enforcement in the great state of Georgia for almost 9 years, everyone in and around LE work here are ingrained to choose some form of Glock exclusively as a defensive handgun due to Glock being based in Smyrna. I became intrigued by Sig recently after shooting a P365 and handling a P320 at a local gun shop, so I decided to give Sig a try. I have over the years owned Glocks and M&Ps in the striker fired arena but this is my first Sig.

I plan to conduct a full range review with my new Sig. I have been researching Sig extensively over the past few days and am learning alot. If anyone could enlighten me on anything in particular I should know aboyt the various idiosyncrasies I should know as a new Sig owner it would be greatly appreciated!

You might consider checking if it has the new trigger. Either manufactured after the "voluntary upgrade", or was sent in for the free work.
It was due to an accidental discharge possibility in a very rare perfect storm of conditions.
I think you might still be able to contact Sig to find out if yours is effected. Not sure if being a PD trade in will negate the free upgrade.
I sent mine in, got it back in less than three weeks, and the only thing I noticed was the trigger was slightly smoother.
https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/

My understanding is that it has been upgraded for it to be considered a certified preowned. As such, it was allegedly sent back to Sig and refurbed with replacement parts and refinished etc if necessary.

Complete Sig noob joining the darkside! Hey yall, I just recently came across a smoking deal on a LEO trade in red box P320 carry 9mm at CDNN and could not pass it up.

Being in law enforcement in the great state of Georgia for almost 9 years, everyone in and around LE work here are ingrained to choose some form of Glock exclusively as a defensive handgun due to Glock being based in Smyrna. I became intrigued by Sig recently after shooting a P365 and handling a P320 at a local gun shop, so I decided to give Sig a try. I have over the years owned Glocks and M&Ps in the striker fired arena but this is my first Sig.

I plan to conduct a full range review with my new Sig. I have been researching Sig extensively over the past few days and am learning alot. If anyone could enlighten me on anything in particular I should know aboyt the various idiosyncrasies I should know as a new Sig owner it would be greatly appreciated!
Google SIG striker reliability...

Back