Sig MPX Buyer's Satisfaction

CodeSection

I was researching the MPX thinking I would like to buy one. Then, I stumbled onto a thread of where one individual had quality control issues.

For those that own a MPX, could you please comment on how satisfied you are with it. Are there simple fixes to address any annoyances (like the charging handle issue) that you encounter? If you had to do it all over again, would you buy again? If so, would you have waited longer so as any fixes could be addressed. Would you suggest I wait to purchase it so as to allow Sig to address any issues if I'm in no hurry since I do not need it today?

Lastly, when and if I purchase a MPX, I plan on having a suppressor on it. Thinking of perhaps an Octane 45 HD, Osprey 45 or Ti-Rant 45 suppressor.

I appreciate all thoughts...thanks!

I have had an MPX for the past month and so far it has been entirely trouble free through several hundred rounds. It has the new charging handle and I have not noticed any wear around the top of the receiver where guns with the original charging handle were rubbing. I am waiting on the stamp for an Octane 9mm I also purchased but it will be a few more months before I can try that out. I would go with the Octane over the Osprey since I don't think the Osprey will fit under the handguards due to its shape. I plan on either purchasing a shorter barrel from Sig if they become available before my suppressor stamp comes in. If not, I will have my current 8 inch barrel cut down to either 4.5 or 5 inches since the Octane will fit nicely under the hand guards. Have also submitted a Form 1 to sbr the MPX and will put Sigs collapsible stock on when that stamp comes back. Should be very nice. Meanwhile, I have been impressed with my MPX which has the Sig folding brace. It has been extremely accurate using the Sig brace as a cheek weld. In fact, I'm not sure the collapsible stock will make it anymore practical or accurate, but I don't want to have to worry about someone thinking I am shouldering the Sig brace.

Glad to hear the positive report on your MPX. I wasn't aware Sig was addressing and fixing the charging handle issue. Do you know what their fix was?

I was thinking on waiting for gen2 MPX, but after reading your post indicating there was at least a fix on the charging handle may change my mind. I'm guessing they fixed the double shot issue with the trigger resetting, correct?

All I know about charging handle change is that mine is ambidextrous and the original was not. Mine has not marred my receiver at all, so I assume Sig addressed the original issue, but it is only my assumption. One thing I forgot to mention in my originL post is that my hammer pin did start walking out a little after a day at the range. I put KNS pins in and no problems since, but I have only had gun for about a month, so long term reliability remains to be seen. (Note...the double fire issue was apparently caused by trigger and hammer pins walking out....as I noted above, my hammer pin did appear to be walking out slightly after first day at range with MPX, so that problem may still be present with some guns. Easy fix with KNS pins however.

I have had an MPX for the past month and so far it has been entirely trouble free through several hundred rounds. It has the new charging handle and I have not noticed any wear around the top of the receiver where guns with the original charging handle were rubbing. I am waiting on the stamp for an Octane 9mm I also purchased but it will be a few more months before I can try that out. I would go with the Octane over the Osprey since I don't think the Osprey will fit under the handguards due to its shape. I plan on either purchasing a shorter barrel from Sig if they become available before my suppressor stamp comes in. If not, I will have my current 8 inch barrel cut down to either 4.5 or 5 inches since the Octane will fit nicely under the hand guards. Have also submitted a Form 1 to sbr the MPX and will put Sigs collapsible stock on when that stamp comes back. Should be very nice. Meanwhile, I have been impressed with my MPX which has the Sig folding brace. It has been extremely accurate using the Sig brace as a cheek weld. In fact, I'm not sure the collapsible stock will make it anymore practical or accurate, but I don't want to have to worry about someone thinking I am shouldering the Sig brace.

Yep, I have had mine for only a week and I can’t find a flaw with it. This thing is worthy of all the hype. I have submitted Form 4 for suppressor. Mine is an Advanced Armament Corp. Ti-Rant 9mm. Also submitted Form 1 for the collapsible butt stock. That is on order from Sig with some extra mags.

This thing is keeping me and my Dillon RL550B very busy. 147 JHP’s pushed just under the speed of sound are the ticket. It is super accurate and has yet to display any kind of malfunction. I put and EOTech 512 on top and it co-wittneses with the iron sights perfectly.
IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Forms In. FINALLY!!!

I got a call from the gun shop today and the news was good. Form-4 came back from the BATFE for my Ti-Rant suppressor. Also got a Sig collapsible stock a while back and an approved Form-1 to make it a short barreled rifle.

My MPX is now in the form that I envisioned from the beginning. I shot 80 rounds through it today at a 100 yard indoor range. The purpose of all this (other than fun!) was to get the 147 grain XTP's zeroed at 50 yards.

That puts me 3/4" high at 25 yards, on at 50, and 2.5" low at 100 yards. Ten yard shots hit about 2.0" below point of aim. All 80 rounds shot with the suppressor on. It is super quiet. No gas or spray to the face at all. I have still yet to have any kind of a malfunction with this weapon.

Even though I was shooting with an unmagnified ret dot optic, accuracy was outstanding. Three and five shot groups shot at 50 yards were ranging from 1.0 to 1.5 inches. Twenty five yard groups were around 0.5", and 10 yard groups were in the same hole. I had the gun propped on my range bag with a squeeze bag under the stock. It would not surprise me to shoot one MOA at 100 yards with a magnified optic and match grade ammo.

Here is how mine is configured:

- Aimpoint T-2 Mico optic.
- Surefire Mini Scout light with Larue quick detach mount.
- Sig Sauer collapsible stock.
- Advanced Armament TI-RANT 9™ suppressor with fixed barrel spacer.
- Geissele Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced (SSA-E) trigger.

Ammo - Hornady 147 grain XTP hollow points. 1050 fps (subsonic). Loaded on my Dillon RL550B using assorted range brass.

What a fun project this has been! Here is some eye candy:

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0881.jpg

IMG_0879.jpg

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

Last edited:
Nice! I like your setup.

One question though: Your last post says that's a Ti-Rant 9S silencer, but in the picture it looks like it's the normal Ti-Rant 9. Was that a typo or is it actually the short 9S model and I'm just seeing things?

One question though: Your last post says that's a Ti-Rant 9S silencer, but in the picture it looks like it's the normal Ti-Rant 9. Was that a typo or is it actually the short 9S model and I'm just seeing things?

You are correct. Good catch. Mine is not the short.

Back