Sig cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

zentao

I bought recently SIG 220 .45ACP. What lube and cleaner you would suggest? I using for my HK USP MPro 7 cleaner and lube; would it be OK for SIG or it prefers smth else?

Thank you in advance

Zentao

zentao:

Good choice on the pistol...

I've used Hoppes #9 Nitro Powder Solvent for cleaning all my weapons for years. It does a good job of removing powder fouling and copper build up in bores. It also helps protect the bore and the rest of the weapon against rust once it's wiped down lightly.
Only downside is the smell...some people can't stand it, others (including me) love it.

For lube, I use Triflo spray. I put a coat on the bore after cleaning, a generous coat on slide and frame rails, and also wipe down mags with an old t-shirt scrap that I've sprayed with Triflo. A good lubricant for a large range of temperatures, absolutely not gooey and doesn't attract dirt.

But, what you're using on your USP (MPro 7) will probably do just as well...I wouldn't get too concerned. If it works on one, it will work on another.

Mike

When I bought my first Sig about a year ago (also a P-220), Mike Guarmieri -- the senior gunsmith at Sig-Sauer/SigArms -- recommended Break Free to me. In addition, he suggested I not use Hoppe's "#9 nitro solvent", since it seems to be harmful to Sig's bluing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back