SIG arms for sale

Nautilus

Inactive
In many topics in here is a discussion ongoing about the most suitalbe sidearms for the US Forces. Yesterday, the CEO of SIG here in Switzerland announced, that SIG will sell the arms business! So tell me: who should by this gun factorys? Which one would be "the perfect one"?
By the way: I'm Swiss and I'm sorry for that decision! :(

------------------

Steyr

Steyr Sig Sauer
Say that 10 times fast!

[This message has been edited by BB (edited January 14, 2000).]

Don't rule out Beretta. They have the wherewithall to do it and they may just jump to keep the idiot at Colt at Bay. Beretta just bought Sako rifles.

Ruger is another possible suiter. They certainly have the means and this would buy them a share of the Military and LEO market. If I am not mistaken, Ruger builds the slides for the Sig P 239 already.

NOTE: This is purely conjecture. There is no concrete evidence to support these theories.

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

Ruger made some slides for the P229 before the operation was completely set up at Exeter. SIG Arms presently manufactures slides for the P229, 40SW P226, the entire P239 pistol and the 45 P220 (not sure of the last one). It seems to me that an obvious buyer would be JP Sauer & Sohns. After all they are already in a partnership with SIG.

There also exists the possibility that the Swiss government might buy SIG and turn into a state owned enterprise. This would make sense as SIG supplies the Swiss military with many if not all of its light infantry weapons.

------------------
So many pistols, so little money.

[This message has been edited by Tecolote (edited January 14, 2000).]

One of the main reason they wanne sell the SIG arms of the SIG division is, that the contract for the light asault rifle, the SIG 550, for the Swiss army is ending. So, SIG arms will loose 12% of their total sales! All other numbers realized on the swiss market is neglectable. I don't believe that the swiss gouvernment will buy SIG arms, because they've turned the federel ammunition factory into a privat company a few years ago.

------------------

Back