SIG and lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure. Lead bullets are problematic in some H&Ks and Glocks with polygonal rifling, but there's no problem in SIGs or other handguns with conventional lands & groves rifling. You will need to clean it more often, however. Good shooting, M2

My husband recently shot lead thru his P245, and it really gunked up the barrel! There was lead all over the place, took him forever to clean it.It handled it just fine though, no jams or anything.

------------------
"Liberty or death, What we so proudly hail... Once you provoke Her, rattling of Her tail- Never begins it, NEVER- But once engaged never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage. DON'T TREAD ON ME!!

Lead bullets will do fine in SIGs. It will be a little messy depending on how many rounds you put through it, and I think how hard the lead is cast. Though with inexpensive copper jacketed bullets (Blazer, UMC etc.) shooting lead rounds will probably be rare for you, unless you reload or got a great deal on ammo.

Shooting lead bullets in a 220 is no problem whatsoever. I've been shooting lead in my old pre-American P220 for about 15 years. Leading in the barrel is relative to how hard your alloy happens to be. I use a mix about the same as Lyman #2 alloy and have little problem from leading. I do use a Lewis lead remover occasionally.

HTH

Doug Adams in WV

I shoot lead in over 20 different handguns and I'm pleased with its performance. I cast my own bullets from wheelweight metal, and the only time I see much leading is in the .41's and .44's, if loaded hot. Reddog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back