SIG 970

cipher

Inactive
I am looking for a looking for my first big rifle and like the looks of the SIG 970. I like the quality of SIG but don't plan on changing calibers, which is the main selling point of that particular gun. I would like a no frills gun, but I am interested in quality as the most important thing. I have a extensive collection of 22LR pistols and rifles and they are each one tricked out for accuracy. The SIG chambered in 7mm goes for $496.67. What else is out their? Any and all replys, good or bad, is always welcome.

I bought my SHR 970 in .308 last week. I paid $500 for mine. Being a SIG handgun fan, I was very happy to see this SIG rifle. It is made in Switzerland, and it shows in the quality. The bolt is very smooth. The trigger was excellent. It has a free floating barrel and a detachable box magazine. It also features an easily removable bolt for easy cleaning.

I can't give an accuracy report as the scope was very poorly bore sighted (it was initially about 5 feet off at 100yds). I will finish zeroing the scope this weekend and give a report Monday. CJ

Well, I managed a best 3/4" group at 100 yards with a cheap 4X scope. The scope didn't seem to adjust 1/4" per click like it said, so it took along time to zero. Thus, this 3/4" group was achieved after shooting 50 rounds of .308. Also, this was done with mil surplus ammo. Next time, I will use better ammo.

The bottom line is I'm very happy with the SIG 970. I don't think you could go wrong with it. CJ

Back