Sig 245,Opinions?

45automan

Hey guys anyone have one of these? I looked at one for $600 with night sites.I'd like to get one. I also want a Sig 220. I'am stuck here. The 245 didn't seem much smaller than a 220. With an IWB holster either should hide well,right.
Thanks for any input guys,45automan

I bought the P220 first because, like yourself, I didn't feel that the half inch difference in the length and heighth would make the gun much harder to conceal. I also had holsters for my P226 making the P220 much more affordable. I will eventually get a P245 though.

I have both the P220 and the P245. I would also recommend you buy the P220 over the P245! If I could do it over. I would have just bought another P220. The width of the pistol for me causes more problems with concealment than the length of the gun. The full size P220 is just plain easier to draw and shot. The P245 is as reliable as the P220.I have about 2,500 rounds through mine with no failures. But I due not care to use the P220 mags in the P245. It makes the gun feel even more unbalanced for me to hold on to.

I have both.Both can be carried with no problems.Both are very accurate and reliable.My only complaints are,no after market grips for the 245,and the 245 trigger is not as good as the 220's.Now I bought my 220 used so it probably has a lot of ammo fired so maybe my 245 will get better.OF the two I would buy the 220 first.

Own a 245 (and a 226), but not a 220. Love both my SIGs. And, coincidently, the 245 fits all my 226 holsters (same frame/slide profile, just a little shorter). Not sure if the 220 has the same profile. (?)

I've never tried to conceal my 226 -- I'm on the skinny side, and I put Pachmayrs on it (so it's extra-fat). Comfortable enough in a shoulder rig, but IWB is out of the question.

The 245 carries well IWB (strong-side hip). Never felt the need to swap out the grips, and I've never used the 220 mags (although I did make sure they fit).

Only times I've had to leave the 245 at home were clothing related (pants too tight, belt too skinny) -- took my 1911 compact in a paddle holster instead. Subjectively, I think the 245 is "more concealable" even if it is a bit thicker (YMMV).

Greeting's All:

As other's have said, I prefer the world famous P220A over the P245; and I would second the opinion of owning two P220's, instead of ever owning a P245.:) It's just plain
as day, I have fallen in love with my Sig P220.:D Nothing is really wrong with the P245; for those who are looking for
"true love".:eek::rolleyes:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

.45 Automan, Hold the phone, my friend!!!! You might can be the first in your neighborhood to own a Sig P221, double stack .45!!! WOW!!! They are not out yet; but are expected
by the time the Shot Show arrives this year?

The 220 is a fine Gun... but by all size standards the 245 is going to be a better Gun for CCW... I have both, the P245 is very quick--best for point shooting.. I have ever used, for the purpose it was designed for It is imho one of the best.

For a full size Service pistol the 220 is the ticket.
...but for CCW I would go with the 245...

Sig 245, Opinions?

I just bought my first SIG and I ended up with a 245. I did a tremendous amount of research, and even with all the negativity toward the 245, I got it. I really think this gun is tremendously underated. It is a great gun that shoots wonderfully and conceals very well. If you are thinking of a P245 get it - you will not regret your choice !

I have a P220 and a P245. I like them both. For CCW, the P245's short grip is a plus. The grip is also the reason a lot of people don't like it. If you have big hands, you may not get all three fingers on the grip. If you can pull it out of a holster and instantly have a proper, comfortable grip on it then it fits your hand. If you feel like you have to shift it around to get a secure grip on it, you'll probably not be happy with it.

For range use, I like the P220 better. That extra size and weight make it shoot better for me. I've tried hard to convince myself otherwise, but in my case and with my two particular guns, it's true.

Get both.:)

D'Oh!! Another thread from the past! So tell me, 45automan, what did you get?

The P245 only lacks for a different magazine floor plate. It does have a shorter grip, however the Glock 26 and 27 have a short grip that a Pierce floor plate improves. Other than that it is an excellent pistol.

I would get the 220 over the 245 as I couldn't stand the 245's grip. The 220 is a fine gun. HK USPC45 is another one to check out.

In the Sig line, I love the P220 and P226. the P239 is okay but the P245 is chopped with poor shooting qualities. Top heavy and a short grip. No thanks. a Glock 30 is the best subcompact 45 ACP on the market for accuracy and durability.

I had a P245 for a breif time. I ended up trading it for a Hk USPC .40, which I ended up trading for another weapon..and so on and so forth :D

Anyway...

My two complaints with the weapon were-
1. Recoil. The Sig grip angle combined with the alloy frame made it a real stomper. Although I am no stranger to recoil, this was a bit much to use for defensive purposes and feel comfortable to me. Accurate double taps were out of the question.

2. Grip length. The grip ended exactly halfway across my pinkie. Everytime I did a rapid reload I got a nice pinch from the between the mag base plate and the frame.

Other than that, the quality was great. Accuracy was about average and the DA pull was as smooth as a tuned revolver.

Had it not been for those two things, it would still be my primary carry gun instead of the G36.

Good Shooting
RED

Regards the P245, a great gun for carry I loved mine. Tne P220 is a great gun... it is a larger gun to carry concealed..I solved my problem by going to a Sig 357 in P239
For me this is Ultmate Concealed Handgun

Gary

Have both a 220 & a 245. This 245 is very, very accurate and don't find the recoil unpleasant. Had that chunky little brick of a Glock 30 and got rid of same.......still have the 245. The Glock did not fit my large paw well at all, the 245 is close to perfect.....and it has been dead reliable, certainly cant say the for the feed characteristics of the 30 with a number of different bullet profiles!

Back