SIG 239

robins

I'm thinking about adding a SIG 239 to my collection (already have and love my 220 and 229) and wondered if anyone had and/or shot a 239 in .40 or .357SIG? Likes? Dislikes? Are the barrels in .40 and .357 SIG interchangeable like in the 229?

Thanks...

I own the P239 in 9mm, but have never shot the .357 Sig or the .40 S&W versions. The barrels ARE interchangeable, though.

Good, dependable little pistols. And they shoot like guns twice their size.

Make sure that you field strip the 239 that you buy. I bought one back in 1998 and after the five day waiting period, I took it home and it would'nt even break down due to a bad recoil spring guide and bad take down lever.

As it turned out several 239's were put on the market with bad take down levers. The gun was sent back to the factory and they reapired it quickly.

I found the 239 .40S&W to be extremely accurate at 25 yards and a bit on the top heavy side. I have a personal policy that if any name-brand gun in the $500.00 and above range encounters a serious malfunction within the first 1,000 rounds it is automatically sold. It's a mental thing for me and I must have full confidence in any personal defense tool.

I am contemplating buying another. This time maybye in the .357 Sig flavor. The P239 is an excellent value and concealble as well.

Good Luck----AGG

------------------
"When guns are outlawed;I will be an outlaw."

I've looked at these guns and like what I see. I bought a raffle ticket at www.sigforum.com

If I win, I plan on getting the 9mm P239. I'm not a big .40 S&W fan, and .357 Sig ammo just isn't easily found around here.

Good luck on the raffle, L38!

Maybe I need to go buy a ticket. I feel like I'm due some good luck right about now!

I'm not a big fan of the .357 Sig or the .40 S&W, though that's more from me being of the mindset of wanting to own standard military calibers than anything else. I HAVE been contemplating getting a P220, though, but have had little luck tracking one down. Gotta get on the horn with a couple of the area wholesalers I guess. I don't own a .45 ACP, but I intend to fix that soon.

Anyone out there handle the P245 from Sig yet?

I have had a Sig P239 in 40 for over a year, and it has proven to be the most accurate semi auto I have had, including a 9mm P226 and P228 that I have sold. Putting the Houge rubber grips makes it feel great. Originally I was disappointed with the 239 when it first came out because I felt it was top heavy. After the grips and a load of Black Talons, it feels greate and shoots on the mark.

I bought my Sig 239 9mm about a 3 weeks ago, and I don't have anything bad to say. What I do have to say is all good! Great feel, pointer and shooter small enough to carry concealed, but big enough to handle and shoot well-very well. If you buy one, buy the hogue grips, a wonderful addition.

Back