Sig 239 or Glock 27?

They're close enough in size that I doubt you'd notice that feature, but the P239 is a little slimmer. The P239 is going to be quite a bit heavier, though.

I finally found a dealer that had both so I could make a side by side comparison. The Sig felt very good in my hand, the G27 felt alright even though my pinky finger didn't have anything to lean on. The G27 holds 9 as compared to sigs 8 round capacity. The G27 seems like it might be a little more concealable but the sig is somewhat slimer, but not by much. There is only a $30 dollar price difference.

Decisions, Decisions.

Both are first rate quality firearms. You should have no problem concealing either. I prefer the Sig 239 because I like the full grip. That's just me.
Another consideration if this is to be a CCW is the transition from DA to SA with the Sig vs. the same trigger pull on the Glock first shot to last. This may or may not be an issue to you.
My opinion is the Tennifer finish on the Glock is tougher and will hold up better under carry than the finish on the Sig.
Take Care

I've carried both and for a CCW and if you will be constantly carrying, I prefer the G27. With the Pearce +1 Exetension you can get 10 rounds in the chamber or stick with the 9 rounder for deeper concealment. The Glock is also more corrosion resistant. If the day comes when you have to put your pistol away still wet and dirty, and you have to run to work and won't be able to clean it until the next day- you don't have to worry with a Glock. The Glock 26/27 models can also use the magazines from their full size counterparts for more capacity.

Both pistols will accept barrels for .357 Sig making them versatile.

The Sig is a better choice if you can afford to carry a slightly larger weapon. This in part is based on how you dress. I personally want the smallest most effective weapon I can conceal comfortably. The Sig is also more comfortable during practice sessions due to the longer grip. The Glock trigger is nothing to brag about, but nothing can compare to the smoothness of a Sig double action and the crisp let off for single action. Sigs are great in that aspect. And something about hearing the slide rack back and forth and listening to it..makes ya just grin!

But to answer the original question, the Glock is definitely more concealable.

Good Shooting
RED

I would go with the Glock 27. I have never been disappointed with mine. It performs beyond what it should be able to. Regards, Richard

i always tell people who ask me about sig/glock is that if you're on a budget buy a glock if not buy a sig...Since i'm on a budget i have two glocks....Dick

Back