Sig 232

J33Nelson

I am looking for my first carry gun. I currently own a Sig Pro but I think it is too big to carry and I also plan to put an Optima 2000 sighting system on it. I was wondering if this gun is worth the $375.00?? Do any of you own this gun or have any comments on this gun?? Any other suggestions for a small carry weapon. (Sorry no Kel-Tec I want something reliable) Anything would be a great help.

Sig Pro .357

My 230 is one of the more accurate pistols that I own. Love it. It does want hot ammo though. I carry it in a HighNoon Mr. Softy IWB.

Look at the CZ 83 also.It is quite a bit less expensive,with a similar design.not knocking the Sig or D'Arcy.

My 230 was very accurate and extremely reliable,
although I have seen several examples that required
some minor tweaking to bring reliability up to
an acceptable level.

A set of Hogue grips is almost a mandatory addition
to this pistol, regardless of hand size. Good luck.

I'm not a fan of the Sig 232. It is accurate and reliable. But it just isn't size efficient. It's a pretty big gun and it's only a .380. Why get a .380 when you can get a 9mm that is smaller? I prefer the Kahr series (K9, P9, MK9) over the Sig 232.

I'm also not a fan of DA/SA, but that's a religious issue...

M1911

I had one until a week ago. Sold it to a friend who loves it. Its just that its Big for a .380. A Kahr k9 is smaller! Thats what use instead of the Sig. Great shooter but .380 ammo cost more than 9mm luger around here.

I had a 230sl, when I got a G-26 it became redundant.
you can pocket carry a G-26 but not the 230sl because of its shape. It had a snappy recoil, more so than the g-26
The 230sl tended to poke me when I wore it in an IWB, it has alot of sharp corners.

Great reliability, and lite if you get the blue model. Yes, it's a mouse gun, but not many guns can you IWB on elastic-waisted shorts or baggies without problems!

I keep thinking of trading for a Kahr P9, but the reliablity issues keep popping up. I ditched a Walther for the SIG - why would I want to cross that threshold (of reliability) again?

Dave:

The original Kahr K9s had a tight chamber, which Kahr fixed for free. Haven't heard about any reliability problems with them since. My K9, MK9, and K40 have been very reliable.

I understand there's been one issue with the slide stop on the P9s, and that Kahr has replaced them with a new design. While the P9 is still pretty new, the K9 has been around for some time and is pretty well debugged.

M1911

Back