Sig 232 Night Sites - Problem

FlashRecoil

Inactive
I have a stainless 232 with stock night sites. When I was out shooting last weekend, I noticed that the front site (the internal "glowing" part) came loose and started to work its way out. I wanted an opinion on what to do. I have considered just dabbing it with some superglue, or sending it back (I have never sent a gun back, but I hear it is a lengthy process). What are your thoughts?

FR, the time usually differs from company to company. I really don't know what the turnaround might be with Sig. Gluing it might just hold it. But if you can I'd send it back. George

Flash, If you do have to send it back to Sig, send ONLY the slide, that way you can utilize a low cost method of shipping. Be sure to insure it for the full cost of the gun.. Good luck, Mark /FL

Either the dovetail slot is too wide or the front sight base is undersized. You could use a staking punch and stake it to stabilize it. Problem is that it mars the slide and it's visible.

Alternatively, you could also stake the dovetail slot to raise the surface. I did this to one P220 and then reinstalled the front sight. That was years ago and the user hasn't reported it coming loose since.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back