Sig 230 opinions

I have a 232, and love it. It has never malfunctioned, wile every other pistol I have has. If I had to guess as to why it costs less than the other sigs I would imagine it is because it is such a simple design (Just blowback, no locking peices) and that perhaps people will not spend as much money on a smaller caliber pistol as a larger caliber. I for one can't understand why the sig pistols that are now made in this country are not more affordable than the older ones of higher quality that were imported. Sig pistols over the years have become less expensive to make, yet the consumer does not seem to be passed the savings. Oh well....

MSPHUNTER - The Sig 230 has a reduced price because it is no longer in production. I believe it was replaced by the Sig 232 which has minor changes. I had a 230 and it was an excellent weapon, accurate and reliable but I dumped it when the Glock 26 was introduced.

The 230-232 is one of the most accurate pistols I've ever shot. I love my 230. It's still pretty expensive if compared to a Bersa or some of the other 380s but I think well worth it.

Back