Sig 230 Ammo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k in AR

My wife just got a "new" Sig P230 SL for carry. It really shoots well for her.
Now a question: Anyone have a preference for 380 ammo in this model gun?

I like the Remington Golden Sabre ammo in all personal defense weaponry, unless I can get Black Talon. Because of the marginal ballistics of .380, I like to make sure the most lethal round available is chambered.

You can take a bath in the hollow point of the Golden Sabre bullets, and they are jacketed in brass. They claim they will mushroom to about 3 times their diameter upon impact with soft tissue.

I'm with you.. I go for Golden Sabres in anything I have unless I have BT laying around. The new PC "Black Talon" (SXT) isn't near as good as the original. Unfortunatly, the original is hard to find. But +P GS's in a .380 is a nice trusty round, though a little hot for most people. Just make sure to find one that she can still control. If she can't control it, it won't matter how good the bullet is.

My 232 eats anything I feed it. That being said, when I carry it I go with Rem GS, Fed. HydrShok, CorBon, and occaisionally, Fiocchi. All feed/function well and expand reliably in casual testing. If you're into slow & heavy, the GS is for you, if you like fast and light, the Corbon is fine, too. Great little gun with any of them, have fun, M2

The SIG 230 is a great gun I have the SL model (all stainless steel) keep it clean after shooting because it is a tight gun.

Personally I use FMJ UMC or Remington (same stuff different box). Concentrate on shot palecment not magic bullets!!!!! PRACTICE.
PRACTICE DRAWING FROM your carry rig. The 380 has a snappy recoil in this gun but I and my wife can shoot the 230 very accurately (better than a glock) The fact that it is slim makes it nice to carry. Try a desantis gun hide IWB rig the metal clip goes over the waistband, and it holds a spare mag. I bought mine for 26.95.

------------------
Master Blaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back