Sig 229 feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been reading around this sight concerning Sig's in 9mm ,but I haven't seen any feedback on the Sig 229. Anybody who knows are owns,please reply.

an excellent weapon in whatever caliber you choose it in .357sig, 40cal or 9mm. I have heard usp compact is as good if not better.

I have a 229 in 40 and I just love it. Not too big...not too small. Handles recoil well. Never a jam. More accurate than I am. Easy to take down. Great trigger in double and single action. A true joy.

I actually have the 229 in 9mm. When researching my purchase, I was aware that the 228 and 229, which look and feel the same (except for a few minor differences), both come in 9mm. Unfortunately, everyone I called was giving me the "LEO only" story for the 228. Because it was my first handgun, I wanted to start with 9mm. I know everyone says that the "balance" is better in the 228, because the heavier slide of the 229 is less suited for the 9mm round. In my amateur experience, however, I have had no problems with the balance or weight. It is a truly magnificent gun. As a novice, I am amazed at the groupings it helps me achieve. My only regret, and this is an indication on my inadequate research prior to purchasing, is that I did not get the 229 in .40, because then I could drop in a .357 factory barrel, or drop in a 9mm bar sto and have three guns in one. As it stands now, if I want more firepower I'll just have to buy a 220 (aw, darn). 229 is great--you can't go wrong. Enjoy!

I have the 229 in 357 SIG. I absolutely love it. It does have alot of recoil, but I don't mind because I like recoil and it is more of a challenge to shoot fast. Extremely accurate, excellent fit and finish, etc. I got the Hogue slip on grips, which help it fit my big hands better. Anything else feels strange to me now. I have seen alot of negative comments on the finish, but I haven't had a problem. I carry it everywhere (almost) in a fanny pack. Despite the tight fit and it only being separated from the spare magazine by a thin piece of material, it has zero wear. I got mine about 3 months ago. Hope this helps, CJ

Hello poster's; I purchased my Sig P229 in
December of 95; and I selected the .40S&W
caliber. What a gun? It does everything
anyone could ask of a handgun, and then
some !!! The .40 caliber recoil is a bit
worse than the .45ACP; however with the
stainless steel slide, it is manageable.
I own a total of four Sig's, and I haven't
experienced the problems with the finish
on these weapons that other poster's have
made? Someone on this forum recently made
a remark that except for the 229; all other
Sig slide's are stamped sheet metal. While
this comment is true; it's the best damn
stamped handgun currently on the market,
bar none !!!

Message edited by Dan H. Ford on 11-09-99

------------------
Ala Dan

I have a 229 in .40 with extra .357 Sig barrel. This is a fine gun, a good size for me, and very accurate w/both barrels (hmm, almost sounds like a side-by-side or over/under :) .

I have small hands with short fingers, so my only "add-on" was to replace the stock trigger with Sig's short version.

------------------
Regards - AZFred

If I had lot's of money, a 229 would be my next gun... but instead I'm a poor student. I can either eat or shoot... and I don't want to eat lead, so I'm just gonna have to wait.

:)
Ben

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back