Sig 229 - a holster question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emin

I'm looking for a good inexpensive holster for this gun. There's a whole bunch of various brands and kinds, all designed for 229. Personal experiences, however, are much better than commercial hype - does anybody use a particular holster he/she loves and would seriously recomend? I'd prefer anything except "inside the waistband" kind for 229 is to big for that. I'd also greatly appreciate if whoever posts indicates a place I can get it on the web. Thanks a lot.

Emin

[This message has been edited by Emin (edited November 26, 1999).]

I have had great experience with the Dillion Precision "LTD." model. This holster is fabricated from premium cowhide and is available in black only. I currently conceal a SIG 226 in the very same model. It seems to work very well, considering the 226 is not exactly the concealing type firearm.

I am not a rep. for Dillion nor am I being compensated for my recommendation. I just happen to have a catalog handy. Price is currently $50.95.

The only other holster I could recommend for the SIG design is a Bianchi Belt Slide. I know this falls under the "cheap" catagory of holsters, but i carried my SIG for a number of days, and found it to be very reliable.

Check them out at www.DillionPrecision.com
or www.bianchiinternational.com

------------------
"By His stripes we are healed..."

PeterGunn

If you like leather go to www.fist-inc.com

they have the best for the price. most leather holsters for around $35

enjoy...

P.S. I am not an employee nor am i compensated by fist-inc. i simply think they have great products for great prices.

------------------
TIM : )

http://www.gunsandgold.com/

svs.gif

This holster is very well made and works great for short barrelled autos, it is what I carry a number of my pistols in. I like this version better than many other manufacturers because of the way the belt tunnel on the back of the holster is made. I have a couple out of bull neck, but I am thinking about trying shark for the next one.

If you go to the concealment holster section of that web site, I designed the third holster down on the first page (the YCS). It is a grest IWB holster, but not what you are looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back