Sig 228 and HK USP 9C

zentao

Somebody who has experience with both HK USP 9C and SIG 228 9 mm - how you would rate these guns? Which one you would choose? Will 226 mags fit 228?

Thank you in advance

I have no experience with the 9mm, however I own a USP Compact in .40 & a sig p239 in .357sig. If I had to choose it would be tough because they are both awsome guns. The HK is quite a bit lighter but my sig has a nicer trigger pull. They are both very accurate and fun to shoot. Ah hell, buy them both you won't be dissapointed. :) Good Luck.

Greetings, I own the Sig P228; but not the
USP9C. I do have a full size USP in .45Auto.
For concealed carry, the P228 can't be beat.
Perfect balance, extremely reliable, highly
accurate are just a few of the phrase's that
one would use to describe the P228. However,
I do believe that the USP might be a little
more durable?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Zentao -
I have a 228 and a USP45C (I'm in the market for a USP9C), so I can't give you a direct comparison. I like both guns, neither is a bad choice, both are approximately the same size, fit my hand well, shoot nicely, accurate & reliable, but I will say that for me, the balance of the SIG is better (polymer frame guns tend to be top heavy) and it's a little easier to carry in that it is more rounded and a bit flatter/thinner. OTOH, the USP is +P rated, and IMHO, probably the more rugged gun of the two (rugged being a relative terms, SIGs are plenty tough).

RE: 226 mags, yes, they fit & work just fine, though they stick out a bit. If the availability of hi-caps is an issue, the USP is a 1993 design, so finding legal hi-caps will be a problem (and $$$$ if you can even find them). SIG factory hi-caps are available, though pricey. I've had good luck with both 228 and 226 hi-caps from ProMag ($14.95 @ CTD), though I would suggest replacing the OEM springs with Wolffe's +5 or +10%ers. They've worked fine for me at the range (I use factory mags for carry). HTH, good luck, M2

[This message has been edited by Mike in VA (edited January 15, 2000).]

Back