Sig- 226

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickster

Was at a pawn shop the other day. And low and behold what do I see in the glass case a Sig-Sauer p226, with 2 Hi-cap mags. This gun looked brand new orginal, box manuel, finish about 98%. Picked It up for 550.00. I think I got a great deal!

Nickster,

With the hi-cap mags, this is a very good deal. The best deal I have found for brand new 226 with 2 10-round mags is $600.

Have fun, and good luck.

About 6 months ago in San Francisco, I saw a P226 with 3 15 round magazines for $499.99 (9 mm model), a belt holster and case.

"LEO sale", said the proprietor. I took a good look. A little holser wear on the slide, a bit of copper in the rifling. Nice Hogue grips. Unsure how old, but it did have the wider diameter grip screws, so it is at least 5 years old, I think.

I came back a week later, it was still there.

I bought it.

My first Sig-Sauer. And thus did I put off a vacation I had planned for later in the month. But now, with three 6-7 foot tall tomato plants in the garden, perhaps that gardening I was 'forced' into is paying off.

Duncan

Deja vu all over again. Last August I found one (9mm) in a pawn shop in Arlington, all nickle, in unfired condidtion. It had one hi-cap, but the guy threw in a 15 rnd Mec-gar and a box of Winchester target stuff for $550. Sweet gun, I can cut daisys all day. It wants nights sights and walnut grips for Xmas. Enjoy your new toy, M2

Nickster; You got a great deal. I to must
congratulate you. In November 96, I picked
one up at my dealer here in Alabama for
$629.95 NIB. This is the two tone model
with factory Siglite night sight's and
one 15 round magazine. Boy, it's a beauty
to behold; and shoot's rather well also !!!

------------------
Ala Dan

Greetings,

I was incorrect with my earlier statement concerning the grip screw diameters.

Turns out the the thinner diameter screws are from the earlier models and the wider diameter screws were introduced in the past 4 -5 years.

So, my used gun is in even newer shape than I thought.

Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back