Sig 226 Magazine parts

JimFox

A few weeks ago I acquired an "almost like new" Sig P-226 with 5 full cap magazines. Two were Sig magazines and the other 3 were "no-name". Two of the no-names had rubber base pads. All magazines seem to work, but the two no-names with the rubber base pads have given me some (once every second or third magazine full) problems with rounds hanging tight in the mag well - I believe due to the follower torqueing just enough to bind the follower against the body of the magazine.

Dis-assembnling the magazines, I discovered that the followers on these two magazines are labled "Smith & Wesson". They appear marginally smaller than the followers in the Sig marked magazines and the base projection which fits into the magazine spring is smaller than that on the sig magazine followers (creating a loose fit between the spring and the follower).

My 1st question.

Can anyone point me to a source for original followers for the Sig magazines? I've checked the Sig web-site and they don't list parts for magazines. I've tried Gun Parts (Numrich Arms) and they do not list parts for these magazines.

My 2ond question. (personal interest)

Do any of the high cap S&W autos accept sig magazines? I don't think so, but then my ignorance in this area is pretty extensive. (I'm just trying to puzzle out why someone went to the trouble of doing this to the magazines.)

Appreciate any pointers that y'all can provide.

RB

Jim,

Sounds like someone was doing mix and match with the mags you got. You're smart to get original followers and some springs. SIG Arms will sell you the parts, and they ship OK most of the time. If you want guaranteed fast shipping try http://www.rbgunparts.com Their prices are about the same as SIG Arms.

I'm pretty sure that SW mags don't fit SIG Sauers. I tried 5906 mags on a P226 and no go, also no go with 6906 mags in a P228.

Tecolote - Thanks for the referral. Order goes out in today's mail.

4V50 Gary - I probably would have called Sig eventually, but I was kind of trying to avoid that. I didn't have a good experience the last time I tried them. I was trying to locate some single stack 9mm mags for the P-220. A) it was a toll call and B) they weren't helpful.

I appreciate y'all's help. Thanks.

Back