Sig 226 9mm Mag

Ak Guy

Inactive
I'd like to use the factory 226 9mm 20 rnd mag in IPSC/USPSA "Limited" division, but I don't know it's length. Does any one out there know if it is less than the mandated 140mm ?? Thanx.......

I honestly don't know, but I use MecGar 17rnd mags, they fit flush and are actually the same manufacturer as the factory mags, just without the SIG logo. They also cost about $25 as opposed to about $40 for the official factory mags. In Limited, if you're shooting a 9mm you'll be scored minor, meaning all your A hits will still be 5 points but your B hits will be 3 instead of 4, Cs 2 instead of 3, Ds, 1 instead of 2. You may want to shoot Production instead, there's a 10 round mag limit, but everyone's scored minor and 99.9% of shooters shoot 9mm. I shoot my 226 in Limited for fun if I have time after I shoot my Wilson L-10 gun, and just offset the minor scoring with higher capacity and greater accuracy. My buddy does the same thing with his CZ-75 in 9mm. After he frustrates himself with his constantly shifting sight on his Para he makes himself feel better by beating half the Limited shooters with the CZ.

Thanx gor the info, Glockopop. Like you, I would be shooting Limited "just for fun". But I would like the 20 rnd mag, if legal, just because I can !! More is always better, right??

Back