SIG 220 v. 245

RHC

I've always wanted a SIG pistol, and since I already have all the 9 mms and .40s I need, I thought one in .45 would be cool.

Looking at the SIG arms site, I can't really see that much difference between these two. Neither looks very concealable (which is not all that important to me.) Obviously the 245 is slightly smaller, but it doesn't really look enough smaller to matter much.

I've never held one of these, but they sound thick! The site lists both of these as 1.4" thick, which is thicker than the Glock 21! Is that right, or am I misreading something?

Tell me what I need to think about in buying one of these, like price, availability, holsters, and which one.

I just bought a new Sig p-220. Had one before, got a new one, it's fantastic! The P-220 fits me near perfect (total perfect doesn't exist in pistoldom). I'm not sure about the P-245. Make sure your pinky finger fits okay. There're pricy little suckers but there're worth it IMO. Best, J. Parker

I have both and I carry both for CCW.The 245 is just a little longer and thicker then the colt officers and is easly concealed.I ahve hams for hands and my little finger will just catch on the mag bottom on the 245.Bot are to me the best 45 on the market or I wouldn't have them.very accurate and stone reliable.You can't go wrong with either one.Any more questions you can email me you want.

Greetings All;

As many of you TFLer's know I have used the Sig-Sauer P220A in .45ACP regularly since 1988; trusting my life to it each
and every day.:D I wouldn't think of being without it~!~!:)
If nothing else moivate's you to buy a Sig; it ought to be
it's world famous reliability!!!:):D Absolutely,
either choice the P220 or the P245 is craftsmanship at
it's finest.

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

I've had the P-220, which is a fine .45, and have shot the P-245.

For the difference in the size -- which isn't much -- I greatly prefer the fullsize P-220 and the extra rounds a full-size gun gives you.

Accuracy and durability should be about the same. (One of my friends simply can't shoot his P-245 as well as he can shoot a P-220; the shorter grip seems to make a difference for him.)

I'd say they're both equally concealable.

Back