sig 220 spring

Status
Not open for further replies.

zentao

I disassemble my new SIG220 and found that spring has bluish-green color. It does not look as a rust. What is it?

Thank you in advance

Zentao

zentao:

Is the entire spring a uniform color, OR does it look like some blue/green spray paint was applied?

New SIG P220s, those whose slide, frame, etc have been "beefed up" for use with +P loads have a heavier spring as well. SIG puts blue/green paint on them to indicate heavier weight for use in "new model" 220s.

Mike

Thank you Mike,

Only part of spring looks painted. I also called SigArms and they said that it is a paint, though they did not explain why they doing it.

Regards

Zentao

[This message has been edited by zentao (edited October 21, 1999).]

The springs are "color-coded" so as not to be put in the wrong gun at the factory...

Can you imagine a P229 spring in a P220 gun???

If you were to disassemble a table of new P220s all would have the color-coded (green) spring...

My P220 had a green spring when it was new and it eventually wore off with cleaning...

------------------
SURE SHOT

Zenato,

My Sig P-220 also had a blue/green color at the ends of the spring. Incidentally, I am sure you will love this pistol; mine has been superb -- with a couple thousand rounds through it (and zero misfires or problems).

Mike Spright be right. They told us at the Armorer's school that the bluish-green color recoil spring is meant for the +p ammo.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back