Sig 220 holster, what do you recommend?

Zeebrahed

I am looking for a belt holster for my new Sig 220, and I find myself overwhelmed by the number of choices out there. I would prefer leather but kydex is an option if comfortable. I also prefer a higher ride, and with this in mind, I have been giving serious thought to MD Enterprises BS-2. Any thoughts on this rig?
Concealibility is a secondary concern, I will probably get a good IWB for that. But if on the off chance I need to run out, I would like something I could just toss a big polo on and be on my way. Does any belt holster fit this criteria for this large a handgun, and fit snug enough to the body to be viable?

Much thanks in advance, all advice is appreciated.

a_skyhigh_lg.gif

Look here for the "Sky High" by High Noon Holsters.

http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Sky_High/_sky_high.html

I've carried a P220 in both a Galco Concealable and Lou Alessi's CQC/S, and both do the job well. The Galco has more of a cant, so can be worn a little further back than the Alessi. The CQC/S uses one-way snaps for easy on-off. Both hold the gun nice and tight for me, but neither holds as high as the BS-2. I have one of those for a Glock 19, and it probably holds the gun higher than any other holster I have. Hope that helps some.

I use an Alessi MOB for inside waistband carry, but worn off the spine toward the hip as a normal IWB rig. For on-belt carry, the Dillon Master pancake is hard to beat, both for quality and price.

Both have more extreme "FBI" cant than many others, and can be worn farther behind the hip, but both carry the butt far enough forward, and tucked in, that printing is greatly reduced - Almost entirely with the Alessi rig.

I have a Bianchi #3S IWB that fits well, snaps on and off quickly and the cant is completely adjustable. It's worth a look.

You can't go wrong with Alessi holsters.

Another good option is Milt Sparks. However, they have a long waiting period.

Back