Sig 220 for HK USP expert 45?

Kermit

I have been playing w/ the idea of selling my 220 and putting the $$ towards a USP expert 45. What is the consensus opinion? Or would I be better off just putting a match trigger on a standard USP?

Greeting's Kermit:

Gee whiz, I don't like to see anyone sell a Sig P220.:D With
that said, the P220 is perhaps the finest double action .45
ACP autoloader ever produced?:) Why not just put a match trigger in the standard USP?

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Kermit,

As you know, these are both truly outstanding autoloaders. I own a Sig P-220 and an H&K USP Tactical, the Expert's "brother". I admire the H&K's design, reliability, rugged durability, and its decocker/safety system (in variant #1), but if I were compelled to choose just one of these two superb semiautomatics, I'd pick the Sig.

It's my opinion that you should never sell a gun you like and shoot well for one you hope to do so with. I've owned the Sig P220 and it is a fine pistol as you already know. I currently own a USP Tactical that keeps suprising me with how truly accurate it is. For my uses, the Tactical gets the nod over the Sig based upon durability. However, I can see where a person could prefer the Sigs overall refinement.

If I were you I'd keep the Sig and save for the Expert. This will allow you to compare the two pistol side by side, if they are competing for the same role. Later, if you don't want or need both you could decide which one to sell.

BTW, I'm looking for an Expert and will likely purchase the new all stainless Sig P220 when it is available.

JMHO...

JJCII

The Sigs are really 1st rate pistols and I
really admire + love them.
The HK Tactical is also a really "top drawer"
pistol...
You want MY advice????
I would pass over both of them for the HK MK23..
The MK23 is that good IMO...

Back