Sig 210????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greg Bell

Guys,

1. Do any of you own sig 210s? I often hear them called "the best autoloader/9mm ever". Why is this true?

2. how reliable are they? Hollowpoints?

3. Are parts availible at all?

4. How are they constructed? Forged? Cast? Carbon steel (almost surely).

Hello, Mr. Bell. I currently own one SIG P210-6. I owned one years ago and foolishly let it get away from me. That will not happen again. This handgun is made from steel forgings and is superbly fitted and machined. Mine has a finish inside the slide that's better than the exteriors on some name handguns. Mine feeds all factory hollow points I've fed it as well as several different handloads using Sierra, Hornady,Nosler, Remington, and Speer bullets.
Accuracy is match quality. I've not tried to get extra parts for this gun, but I suspect they will be pricey! I have purchased a few extra 8 rnd magazines from SIG and they cost about $75 each!!!! The magazines for the .22 conversion cost even more!!!!! This is the main problem with this pistol; auxillary costs are high. I guess it's kind of like owning a high dollar sportscar. Still, the pistol shoots like a rifle and its fixed sights are exactly dead on at 25 yards. Best.

My P210 is nearly 50 years old and is tight as a drum. No play in the slide to frame or slide to barrel fit. The barrel bore is so shiney it looks chrome plated. Incredibly accurate. The only thing I don't like is a slight hammer bite I experience. It is forged and hand fitted, parts are available from SIG but are expensive.

Greg Bell, You might know me better by the name GLOCKBOY. Thge Sig P210 IS the best 9mm handgun ever.

------------------
Nothing beats a stock Glock !

The two guns I take to the range weekly, everytime are my SIG P210 and my H&K P9S .45 Target. They are both simply the best there is!! Shoot them both and you will see why.

Regards,

Dave

I have a Sig P-210-6. I bought it new in box last year, but it was made in 1978. Sig or the distributor apparently has a bunch of the older ones stashed away, somewhere.

The proof target (from the factory) that came with it shows an under-1" group at 50 meters (about 55 yards, I think.) I can't shoot that well.

It'll eat anything. And, as far as I know, they're still being made (but not a lot of them), so parts should not be a problem. I have yet to hear of one needing parts...

Mine is very accurate. The trigger is a joy. I have used it in IDPA competition. Because of the light trigger, when I tried to shoot fast while practicing, I often let off a shot early. In actual IDPA drills, however, this has never been a problem!?

Happily or unhappily, while it is a superb gun and very accurate, I'm able to get about the same accuracy out of my Glock 17. (I think I'm blessed in having a very accurate factory-refurbished Glock 17.)

Where the experts say the Sig P-210 excells is at the longer distances -- as it apparently shoots a very flat trajectory.

The big problem is the price: I got mine for $1350 -- and that appears to have been a pretty good price for a NEW one. You can buy a lot of guns for $1350. (If I had not just come into a small inheritance, I'da never have done it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back