SIG 210 VS G19C Accuracy !

chaho

I just purchsed a used sig 210 refurbished by sig for $800 after hearing so much about it at TFL. It is built like a HUMMER ! and MY HP Captain browning is built like a cadillac!
Anyway I am not comparing the HP with the sig210. Yesterday at the range my G19C with 3.25lbs trigger, barsto comp barrel, steel guid rod with heavy 24lbs spring, and meprolight sights shoot circles around both HP stock and Sig210 stock. I was using WIN USA 115gr, WIN clean 115gr, UMC 115 gr, Fiocchi 115 in all three guns. I shot more consistant and better group at 25 and 50 with the G19C especialy rapide fire. Maybe becuase i am used to the G19C and have owned it alot more than the HP and the SIG210; Or the fact that i bought the sig210 used and not brand spanking NEW for $1500. Also the slide on the SIG210 keept on bitting my hand. Do you think maybe I should change the recoil spring ?! and if so were can i get one(phone # or site) Also where can i get a NEW barrel for the sig210. I think that with time and practice I can out shoot my G19C using both HP and SIG210. In conclusion the HP and Sig210 are both excellent, finetuned, crafted pistols that i will baby and pet every day, but for a working gun to shot thousands of rounds I would stick with the Glock. Almost every gun is accurate, it is the person with the right ammo to be very accurate.

Chaho-
I think, as you have mentioned, that it is an issue of familiarity and comfort leading to the results you mention. My SIG P210 (an old one) is simply the best-built, most accurate handgun I have ever owned or held. However, offhand I can shoot my Browning HP with a higher degree of precision and reproducibility. Why? The HP fits my hand like the proverbial glove. The P210 does not. Concentrating, slow fire from a steady rest, the 210 will put 'em all through the same hole at 30 yards. The HP will not, no matter how much I concentrate. In my hands, the conclusion is simple: P210 excels in "mechanical" accuracy, HP gets the nod for "practical" accuracy. My advice would be to spend your money on ammo instead of replacement parts, and get to know your P210 the way you know your Glock. Unless your barrel is pitted or damaged, a new SIG barrel will do nothing for you. These guns are practically hand built and a replacement or "drop in" barrel will not fit well enough to enhance precision, IMO. Also, If your SIG is like mine, it will show a marked affinity for certain brands and bullet weights, and quite a bit of displeasure with others. Overall, I have found 124 gr. bullets (esp. PMC, for some reason)to demonstrate the best performance. Good luck- sounds like you've got a fine stable of thoroughbreds to choose from!

------------------
semper ubi sub ubi

Hello. I fully agree with Vanfunk's assessment of your experience. Unless there's something wrong with the P210, it should outshoot practically any other 9mm out there including my beloved Browning HPs and your Glock. Work with the P210 a bit before sinking money into something that may not matter. Best.

Anybody who owns a Sig P210 will tell you to watch out for that nasty bite that results from the serrated hammer cocking back into the meaty flesh between your thumb and your first finger.

But I haven't heard about the slide.

I just talked to my dealer about one yesterday. They are heavy, the slide long and built like a tank.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter
If it can't shoot jacketed rat turds powered by mouse farts, I ain't gonna shoot it!

In my experience the SIG P210 is the most accurate aotomatic pistol "out of the box" that I have ever seen, It is extremely reliable and almost indestructible (the Swiss have run 100,000 round tests on P210s) Work with it for a while and I don'tthink ypu will be disapointed.

Now, if only SIG had put the 16 round magazine version into production!

Thanks,
Just got of the phone with SIG arms, they want $600 for their 210 barrel yah right ! As far as the recoil spring, the tech told me that nothing was wrong. So, since I never had any luck looking for a mag, i went ahead and ordered an extra mag from them for $75 New,*@!()*&)($&. I also ordered an after market mag from CDNN for $25. I hope it works ! Since i plan on getting better with the sig210 I figured extra mags will get me on a good start ! Now the quest for the right ammo, any suggestions !

Shooting the P-210 seems to take some practice. When I first started shooting mine, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Now, many rounds later, it hits what I aim out without any problems.

You'll probably have problems with the aftermarket mags from CDNN. (I bought a new one from them last year for $59.99, and three after markets for $19.99, last month.)

You'll probably find it appropriate to take a dremel tool or sandpaper and polish the inside of the mag lips. On mine, the brass seemed to drag as it was pushed into the chamber, often resulting in a failure to feed.

I sanded and polished the mag innards, did some other work, and they now seem to function ok -- except for a little difficulty feeding the first round, sometimes.

Its a great gun. I wish there were aftermarket sights for it....

The refurbished/refinished P-210s, I think, are ex Danish military weapons. Somewhat used and in a few cases, somewhat worn; they are apparently still fine shooters. Plastic grips. Get some wood ones. CDNN had them, recently, at a very good price.

This weekend I will put 50 rds of each UMC 115gr, Blaze 115gr, WIN USA 115gr, Win cln 115gr, American Eagle 115gr, IMI 115gr, MAGtech 115gr, PMC 124gr, ProLoad 147gr to the test. I will let you know how I did in terms of accuracy and reliability. Let me know how you do with your range ammo ?
I will not put carry ammo since I do not plan on carring the gun !

Chaho, when you post, it might also be helpful to tell whether attained accuracy was based on slow fire, semi-rapid, or rapid, and whether rested or freehand, to distinguish these guns' accuracy from your accuracy. ;)

In my experience the main problem with shooting the P210 well is the sights. To coin a phrase: they suck. The front sight is smallish, prone to glare, and the rear notch is way too narrow. This is one reason I think the gun (mine anyway) has such erratic accuracy. It's just hard to see the sights. If I'm having a really good day, and the light is just so, the P210 WILL deliver. Otherwise, it's a victim of it's own old obsolete sighting equipment. I'm taking steps to correct this on my gun. If I ever get the project done, I'll post the results.

How accurate will your Glock be when it's 50 yrs. old like the SIG? Look at side of box the SIG came in for grade that was assigned when it came in from the Danish military. If it's D like most in that price range it was rated "fair" & you can't compare it to hand tuned P210-6's with match triggers and good sights. Only C grade were refinished by SIG. Otherwise it was done after importation. You should consider it an excellent addition to your collection in any case.

thanks bullshot for the info:
I found a New Sig 210-6's for $1350 +$90 for extra new mag +$30 for over night shipping +25 for FFL transfer =$1500, is it worth it over the $800 "Kat D:Mit starken Gebrauchsspuren, P210-DK M/49" that I have.
I mean mine looks brand spanking new except for some visible scraches on the bottom of mag plate. I am paying $700 dollars difference here. Let me know because I can sell mine and get my money back easily.

Your M/49 is refinished, which makes it not very attractive to collectors. If that's what you want sell it, get an unrefinished D grade & pocket the difference. If what you want is a beautifully crafted incredibly accurate 9mm, sell it and buy a P210-6. If you're mostly interested in having a real nice gun to take to the range and outshoot most anything out there, keep what you have and buy ammo with the savings. I bought the P210-6 to satisfy a long standing urge to own one and because of plans to work down to owning only a few really excellent handguns and selling all the others. If I can only start the selling part.<G>

if check this site, they sometimes have a SIG P210-6 NIB for around that price. i bought mine for that price and it is as advertised. Harrison is a great guy.
http://guntrade.com/hcarroll/index.htm

------------------
Mik

<A HREF="http://"http://marina.fortunecity.com/harbour/347/10mm.html"" TARGET=_blank>my 10mm page</A>

Back