Sierra GameChanger Performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve4102

I worked up a load in my Savage 6.5 PRC using 130gr Tipped GameKings/GameChanger bullets.

Accuracy was good, 5/8" at 100 yards @3250fps.

I have some concerns about how well this bullet will perform inside 200 yards at these velocities.. I think it might not penetrate enough and explode on impact?

Anyone have experience with this bullet at higher velocities?

Call Sierra. They will tell you the upper and lower velocity limits for expansion as designed. Its that simple.

My experience has been cup and core bullets don't hold together at impact velocities of 3000fps and make a mess. Using Interbonds and Grand Slams always give a large exit.

Sierra are the technical experts for their products. I have always been surprised at how helpful reloading manufactures will be. RCBS, Lyman, Alliant, even Lee. They do not provide "marketing materials". Then there are exceptions like Battenfeld (Frankford Arsenol) who take months to respond and maybe will send you wear part replacements.
Sierra will likely send you exactly the info you desire.

I’ve already talked to them, as I said, regurgitate marketing talking points.

I thought that forums such as this were to get honest opinions and real like experiences outside of the marketing hype.

Guess I was wrong,

steve4102 said:
I worked up a load in my Savage 6.5 PRC using 130gr Tipped GameKings/GameChanger bullets.

Accuracy was good, 5/8" at 100 yards @3250fps.

I have some concerns about how well this bullet will perform inside 200 yards at these velocities.. I think it might not penetrate enough and explode on impact?

Anyone have experience with this bullet at higher velocities?

That is the entirety of your original post. Nowhere does it say you already spoke to Sierra, which is why the reply you so rudely responded to was a perfectly reasonable response. Expecting mind-reading from respondents about your past phone contacts with Sierra is unreasonable.

steve4102 said:
I’ve already talked to them, as I said, regurgitate marketing talking points.

When and where did you say it? You didn't.

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back