Sidesaddle Shell Holder

Tom B

Thinking about one for my 870. Do they interfere with left hand shooting? They state that they mount to existing receiver screw holes. I may be missing something but I don't see two existing screw holes on that side of my receiver.

Light switch topic, you either like'em or hate'em

I am on the like'em side myself. On the 870 they mount in the two holes that the pins for the trigger group use - works well.

Giz

I decided not to use one on my 590A1 because you have to leave one of the receiver screws that mounts the side saddle slightly less that optimum tightness or you can lock up the action. This warning was according to the installation instructions so I didn't even try. Bought the buttstock holder instead. However, stay away from the "cuff" style buttstock holder and get the one with the velcro straps to secure it.

I have one on my 870. It's tight and doesn't interfere with the action.

I'm not left handed, but I do operate my 870 in an ambidextrous manner. The sidesaddle doesn't interfere when I manipulate it lefthanded.

If you do mount a sidesaddle I suggest you apply LocTite to the fasteners that hold the plastic shell holder to the metal mounting bracket. They work loose under recoil. I almost found out the hard way. I noticed this problem just before a couple of screws fell out.

Good luck!

I ordered a Safariland buttstock shell holder, hope it works, I'm getting rid of the Speedfeed stock - I've never been able to retrieve the shells from the stock without ripping a nail...

Back