Sidearmor IWB Holsters? Any Good?

GunFool

Anyone here have any long-term experience carrying their Glock in a Sidearmor IWB holster? Just wondering how they stack up in terms of quality and fit. I am a little hesitant to purchase a gun holster made in kydex - I have had many knife sheaths in this material and some were very good while others were crap. Does the holster keep the gun snug while still allowing for a quick and solid grip/draw? I am especially interested in the concealability of the holster (i.e. how it rides behind the hip, close to the body, etc.) and the comfort. I live in a climate where I will often only have a loose t-shirt out over my pants/shorts and the gun will be directly against my skin. Wouldn't want scratchy kydex and rough plastic edges tearing into my side all day. Any experiences with these holsters would be much appreciated. Thank you.

I have a IWB with J hooks for my Glock 27. Best $65 I ever spent. Holds the glock comfortably in place and I forget that i am carrying. My 2 cents.

I agree with sarge. My G27 rides in a Sidearmor IWB, 15deg cant, J-hooks, my preferred carry rig. You get great service from Sidearmor as well.

Never worked for me. It digs into my side and generally isn't comfortable...surprising, considering that I am the only one to dislike it. Everyone else seems happy.

I had a Sidearmor OWB. The quality was out of this world! Real good stuff. I sold it with my Glock. Sam

The Best!!!

Sidearmor makes, IMO, the BEST kydex holsters for Glocks. I just wish they made them for other pistols. I'm a righty and I carry my G26 using the IWB with 1 1/2" 5 deg belt loops in the crossdraw position (just left of my belly button). I spend a lot of time in a car, and I find this not only the most comfortable type of carry, but VERY QUICK to deploy. With an untucked shirt, NO ONE can tell I'm carrying, and this is how I would carry EVEN IF I didn't spend any time in a car. If you don't like the 5 deg cant, you can get the 15 deg loops for $5.

You're not alone Oleg

There are some good reviews over at http://www.gunspot.com Search under holsters. I had one for a few months, I tried to like it because of all the positive comments at http://www.glocktalk.com I finally concluded that it didn't work for me. The main issues where the sharp edges, hangup when reholstering, uncomfortable for long term wear, and high ride, bulky belt loops. For the $65 I expected the edges to be radiused, they weren't. During reholstering the muzzle would hang on the mouth. Never had this problem with any other holster. The ride was too high, it felt like the holster would fall out. I prefer lower riding holsters. The belt loops made the holster pretty wide, a lot wider than an Alessi IWB. It's a good holster, but I wouldn't say it's the greatest thing to come down the turnpike. There are plenty of other designs that work better for me. If you can borrow one and try it out before buying. If you buy one and don't like it you can sell it at a minimal loss.

Back