SICK OF CARPETBAGGERS

George Hill

Staff Alumnus
I find it annoying people who register for the sole purpose of SELLING something without bothering to stay around and discuss anything.
I dont know about you guys - but that puts me off for some reason.

Dont get me wrong - people like Geared-up - are great and I am glad to see them here. They become part of the comunity. With the result that she will be the first source i will seek out for those items. (by the way - I am looking for a back pack - and will go check out yor site in a moment, you take VISA? ;) )
Please - join in and mingle.
But registering and posting only to hock wares? GO TO EBAY!

------------------
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"

-- Adolph Hitler
September, 1935

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

[This message has been edited by George Hill (edited August 28, 1999).]

Kod...uh, that is George,
I keep tellin' ya that you should see a doctor about this recurring sickness of yours. :)
BTW: I agree with ya.

It does seem a little "not just right." Join in the discussions and then post a link to your web site is one thing but to just advertise and not join in, bad thing.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
"If there be treachery, let there be jehad!"

The real shame of it is that most of these people sell products of real interest to TFL members and are quite knowledgeable in their field. They could be a real asset if they would stick around and share their wisdom.

Yeah jhs I was hoping for some clinton bashing too , but george does have a point this is a DISCUSSION forum not an AUCTION forum , and he's also right about geared up, she has answered at least one of my questions she is ok in my book .

------------------
frogman6

[This message has been edited by frogman6 (edited August 28, 1999).]

WHEW! Wiped the panic off my brow as I continued to read... thanks, all, for your support. And just so you know... I learn here just as much (if not more) than I try to contribute. It was a customer of mine who suggested I come on in, hang out, offer options, and contribute when I can.

Yes, I have gained some wonderful customers, and I do appreciate that opportunity. But you are the people who help me to decide what direction I should guide my business in, and you are the people who let me know what is most important to my current and future customers. This is priceless to me. Owning an internet business is very much like having a drive through store, with absolutely no face to face contact. I could not survive if I did not take the time to get to know the people that make up my customer base.

Those of you that I have had the priveldge in speaking with directly, you know we are small, dedicated, and painfully honest about what we can provide. I still get a kick out of it when you call and say "wow, you are a real person", or "is that the toddler in the background you talk about?". You have all welcomed me completely, and continue to provide insight through your discussions on this board.

Thank you for making me part of the family.

Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Greyfox - You hit the nail on the head...

Geared Up! - I'm having problems on your website... Are your hyperlinks down?
I need a catalog - It looks liek you have a lot of stuff I dont even know I need yet! :)

------------------
"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history."

-- George Bernard Shaw

RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac

I just hopped all over my site... seems to be working fine for me. Anybody else having problems with my site? This is the first report of difficulty I've had, but you never know...
You don't use AOL by any chance? Sometimes AOL people have a problem getting the nav bars.

Send me your address... I'll send you a catalog. If you are looking at BlackHawk products, you can always go to their site, deduct 10% from their listed prices, and know that you won't pay shipping within the US. Then call me.

Hope this helps...
and if anybody else is having a problem, PLEASE let me know. I can't be everywhere at once...
Geri Weaver

------------------
BlackHawk Authorized Dealer (BAD) - "Better than catalog" prices & free shipping http://www.geardup.com/gearedup.htm

Got it George... catalog on the way.

Oh... anybody who wants a free catalog, just e-mail me. I charge $5 on the site, but it's the least I can do for y'all.

Geri Weaver

------------------

I agree with the rest of the posters. I also want to say that I'm very happy with my Geared-up purchase and plan on more in the future. BTW Gerri, thanks for the lowdown on the different velcro-style fastening systems in another post. I learned something new today! :)

I've never been happy with such posts. Unfortunately, you have to give a new member the benefit of the doubt and assume they will join the discussion.

In the few cases where people have come on to post the same ad in three or ten different Forums....well, few of you have ever seen those posts or the Authors again. I chalk them up to "terminally ignorant".

Jerri and a few others do it well and, hopefully, get some business out of it.
Rich

Back