SICK OF BAD MOVIES

Kodiac

Yes, another of Kodiac's I am SICK of posts.

I watched VIRUS. That has the nomination for one of the worst movies ever. No redeaming quality to it at all. It was so bad - I expect it to be a MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000 episode very soon. Then in a desperate attempt at seeing a science fiction film - I went to see WING COMMANDER. Oh my heck!... I dont know which was worse! Well, WC did have some cool effects (eye candy) regarding the large starship explosions - but that was it. The fighter modeling was so bad... it was discusting and fitting of the VIRUS effort. the aliens would have been much better if they were done by Jim Hensons team.

Thank God Star Wars is coming out...

What other movies REALLY suck - and why? lets save each other the cost of the movie ticket here...

------------------

Resistance is Futile

It was so bad - I expect it to be a MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000 episode very soon.

Erm, wasn't MST3K cancelled?

the aliens would have been much better if they were done by Jim Hensons team.

Well, that goes without saying.

ObGunTieIn: Imagine Animal with a rock-and-roll AK...

------------------
Bullets and primers and hot brass a-flying;
Goblins in my house all screaming and crying;
Nineteen-elevens and scope-mounting rings;
These are a few of my favorite things...

Kodiac,

Your experience is why I very rarely go to the movies. There is very little I feel that is worth $7+ to see. I'll usually wait until a movie comes out on video if I'm not absolutely sure it's something I want to see. The last movie I saw at the theater was "Saving Private Ryan",and it was worth it,and I probably won't go back to the theater until "Star Wars" comes out. But I'll definitely go see that!

Bill

If anyone wants to see a rather disturbing film, go see "8mm" (staring Nicolas Cage)

Its not bad at all, just very different. I'm sure a lot of poeple would put in in the BAD movie catagory. Just keep an open mind if you go see it.

"The Untouchables" was an interesting movie.I used to like it as a teenager so I watched it again recently and had to turn it off. Sickening snow job extolling virtues of Feds violating every shred of due process...kinda like Unintended Consequences seen from the other side.

If you want to be sick, watch TV and if you want to be sicker, get cable. More channels with less to watch (OK, so some of the aviation broadcasts and the history channel does have some worthwhile programs - but those alone won't justify cable in my house).

This might come as a suprise, but I bought the paraclete movie being pitched on some gun related sites for $15.
Who the hell voted this a great film?
The money I don't care about, I want my 45 minutes of life back. The SEAL ref suckered me into buy it, this was maybe 5 minutes.
in short DON'T BUY THIS MOVIE!
If you really want to I have one you can have for $6 (I can use the tape for copying)

------------------
Phantom Menace May 21st! Star Wars is back.

Ya...but...some movies are so horrendously bad they turn the corner into high comedy.

"Hell Comes To Frogtown" (AAAAAAAhahaha!)
"Terrorvision" (CHORTLE!)
"Cycle Sluts in Zombietown" (or was it "Chopper Chicks? I can never remember... :D)

LOTS more. "Surf Nazis Must Die", featuring the ridiculous surfboard-mount switchblade.

Sigh. Memories :D

Jim March

Hmm Actually 8mm and David Fincher's "Seven" were both quite excelent.

They need to be mentioned simultaneously due to the brilliant writer chap, wrote both of 'em.

Quite excelent anyhow and have lot of tought in them.

Gattling.

To make a correction, Lucas is moving up the Phantom Menace to May 19 (MY BIRTHDAY!). This, I have heard, is to accommodate the Star Wars-philes so that they may take the day off and see it before the general public who will be at work. I am a big fan of SW and it is tempting, but I do have patience and the longer wait will make the experience even more enjoyable.

------------------

One movie I am looking forward to - not as much as Phantom Menace - and you can down load the preview by the way... www.starwars.com
Is the movie "MATRIX" which looks very slick.
I can't wait for that one. Kinda like a Johny Mnuemonic/Dark City mix... a dark cyber-punk kinda film that looks very good. Smart-with lots of action too...
One scene - Reeves said "I need guns" and a flood of WALMART isle sized gun racks zoom in. Enough to out fit any army - with what ever gun the wanted as long as it was black and german (had a dream like that once - dint want to wake up). I will let you guys know if it turns out to actually be good enough to pay 7 bucks for. But if your curious - the trailer is shown at:
www.whatisthematrix.com
It is worth watching... You'll need quicktime - and maybe shockwave - which you can get for free and is very worth it.

As for being a Star Wars maniac... Guilty as Charged... In fact I am a writer for Echo Station, a SW E-zine. Read it too... And tell them I sent you.

------------------

Resistance is Futile
WWW.ECHOSTATION.COM

[This message has been edited by Kodiac (edited March 18, 1999).]

Back